Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aplier2

11-09-2012

Also, @Riot, while you're looking at items and early game choices, I feel like Avarice Blade is quite lacking when it comes to GP10 choices. Crit chance does very little for supports. Someone falling behind in their lane wants more reliable bonuses for dps or survival. If building towards a Yomuu's then The Brutalizer is much stronger for the gold spent and therefore gets bought first, then active on Yomuu's is good enough that the Avarice Blade will only exist in the player's inventory for the short amount of time between when it's purchased and when 600 more gold is obtained.

For bringing more utility to the Avarice Blade, I would suggest changing it from crit to 12% lifesteal, and having it build into Executioner's Calling, Bilgewater Cutlass, and Wriggles Lantern. All three already have an active effect like all other GP10 upgrades, and that active effect can be successfully utilized by a support. This change proposal is somewhat more oriented to junglers or top laners, who would be able to really benefit from the lifesteal and the upgrades, while the lack of an strong AD upgrade will help deter AD carries from it (but at the same time give AD carries a GP10 option if they feel they have a tough matchup).

GunSh0ts

11-09-2012

@Riot @Xypherous

How do you feel about creating a jungler item for non-AD champs. Champions who aren't AD damage usually take alot of mana to clear the jungle without losing alot of health. How would an item similar to wriggles lantern work?

Something like hextech revolver + armor building into an item that gives a ward + ability damage may proc 400 dmg for single target spells and 200 for aoe spells 30% of the time or something? (Using purely random but not exaggerated numbers for an example.)

Kento

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

u

Appendixless

11-09-2012

HoG removal... this is going to hurt aggressive supports

summoner1596321

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
I love you Xypherous.

EDIT: What items will you be adding to help Melee AD Carries? What about AD Casters and AD Assassins? I main champions like Riven, Fiora, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Jax, and Lee Sin.

EDIT #2: OH MY GOD. Dat new Black Cleaver. BARE MY CHILDREN?
so u basicly main some op champions

3mptylord

11-09-2012

Urgot loves the new Black Cleaver. Like, he literally loved all over it.

Korman

11-09-2012

So, I didn't read this thread because there are so many comments but I was wondering about something. I read the news about the new jungle and was talking about jungling items. It got me to thinking about if you could make items be built from multiple paths but have the same result and gold cost? Let's say you were building madred's bloodrazor for jungling but instead of having to buy the combine items to make it you could have two options to better match your champion. This might be too big of a change or something too complicated to do before season three but I thought I would throw it out there. I feel like someone on the team might have already thought of this before. Thanks for reading.

JeffreyChalkeatr

11-09-2012

If you get rid of AS on Black Cleaver, I swear to God I will rage about it for a month like Stark's tragedy.

I do not approve.

Meowlick

11-09-2012

DON'T remove Force of Nature. That's just dumb.

Meowlick

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appendixless View Post
HoG removal... this is going to hurt aggressive supports
correction

*going to hurt over nerfed supports like Sona. Dat early game health bar...