Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TlME

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Force of nature removed. Fail.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryphikik View Post
There is literally no way to predict where they'll place the wards as a jungler. Even still they could place 2 wards and have effective coverage if they just push up enough to prevent proper lane ganking.
A semi-competent laner will tell you where it's warded... even more if he has already warde (and then you can know the exact spot where the enemy warded
Quote:

It really seems pretty obvious to me this combined with the jungle changes is just gonna make farm junglers who are really safe with an early oracles op. I'm so discouraged after seeing the reveals you guys are putting out... I sure hope the combined finished product is better than these slight reveals... :\
There is a difference between making farming jungler op and making them viable... right now farming junglers are left in the dust by gankers. Also, it seems like a farming jungler will try to build jungle items (since that now exists), so their gank will be a lot weaker. So you need to ward a lot less, so his oracle isn't actually really worth it anymore. Worst case, you can even bait an early oracle buy and simply go kill him in his own jungle (PvP>PvE in ganks), meaning you just cost him ~350g while it costed you 150... and you get that 150 from 3/4 income streams (masteries+runes, [Kage,] Philo, Spiritstone)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Mchugelarge

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Madred’s Bloodrazor - Removed
Ghey


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altonious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Compton View Post
- From Xyph
So saying that buying it was a bad idea.... then what about buying Blade of the ruined king. If this thing does even less damage then madreds, then when the **** do you buy it. (Asterisks are craap with one "a"..Really?)

Also, Ionic isnt a bad item. You say it is niche because it is onhit/Tanky/Wave clear.... But wits end it Onhit/Tanky/SIngle target DPS. Witz end is only bought more because its so darn cost efficient.

It sounded like you taken out a build path (ionic spark) because your own opinion that it only works well on shen/Gangplank. But no offense of course
You buy it for the active.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xemozu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

HOG removal: epic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiTechSaber

Junior Member

11-09-2012

I think Xypherous just jumped above IronStylus as my favorite red and I thought Morello was the only one who hated supportsXD
I find splitting CS bottom lane far more fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TFeast55555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Xypherous, you deserve all teh secks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cup0fTea

Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dl2agon View Post
How is he going to walk into the tri bush with out being spotted by the wards in the river? gonna buy 2 pink wards right one fore the dragon and one for tribush? or are you expecting there mid is stupid enough no to have the other jungle entrance warded
My example was meant for top lane on blue side. There are other places were you could use your pink ward, like the river or even lane bush.

My real point is that it's not impossible for junglers to gank without being seen, even with the introduction of the Sightstone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodbyeKings

Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Force of Nature - Removed

Force of Nature has been the go-to high MR item for tanks who want to counter magic damage. The item, however, is kind of confusing. Is it a movement speed option for fighters and tanks? Or is it meant to be a regeneration item in sieges? Force of Nature’s odd stat combination made it particularly difficult to make it feel like a quality purchase. One of its attributes was probably redundant or unnecessary on your character.

Alternative: Spirit Visage

Spirit Visage is getting a slight touch up for the preseason. It will now build out of Negatron Cloak instead of Null Magic Mantle, and Spirit Visage’s passive is getting a bump in power. Additionally, there are a lot more Tier 2.5 items that offer Magic Resistance, allowing you to more easily spec into Magic Resistance without wasting slot efficiency.

Heart of Gold – Removed

Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items

We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.

-Xypherous

I have several issues with this.

One, FoN. In no way is this item confusing. Tanks did not build it for the move speed. They bought it for the MR and the sustain. The move speed was a great bonus, that helped with initiations and positioning. More move speed is not a bad thing. The stats on this item were amazing for any tank who needed to survive against magic damage.

Two, HoG. Removing this item not only removes much needed gold income for the more passive mana-less champs (Shen in any role, for example), but it also makes life harder for supports. Support champions are already squishy (for the most part), and can rarely survive burst. Taking away that extra health with effectively nerf every even slightly squishy support. They will be forced to buy a tanky item instead of a Gp/5... one that they may not normally buy. It's not about the final build. I (happily) never reach Randuins on my supports, in favour of wards and other items. It's about the gold generation.

I just think these are silly changes, to say the least. I understand wanting to shake things up, but these changes make very little sense. I would suggest taking another look at all levels of play before making these choices. Find out the real reasons players buy these items, and go from there. Just watching them press buy does not tell you anything.

I would also like to draw more attention to the fact that the new ward item will become standard in every lane. Having 2 free wards in every lane is too strong not to buy. Plus, more early game HP. Wasn't that the issue with HoG?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Why is that? Mostly because Carries aren't expected to have a linear damage curve whereas MBR is a linear effect. Secondly, the primary statistic for determining whether you were tanky or not was resistances not health. The difference between a carry's health and a tanky bruiser's health ranges less than 50% porportionally a lot of the time - thus attacking % health doesn't really help out all that much.
So...what's the point of Blade of the Ruined King then, since it's even worse than a linear effect---it's a diminishing returns effect.

I really don't see what ranged characters it would be good on, in general----Kog'maw will be better served by IE, PD, LW, and BT---the only real option you can substitue out in this build is BT--IE is a must, PD increases that damage by a lot because of the crit chance and AS (not to mention free utility in MS), and LW beats a BT at 30 armor (no BT stacks) or 107 armor (full BT stacks)...considering these armor points are nearly always achieved on just about everyone, LW generally trumps BT, so it's the only logical thing you can switch out.

Blade of the ruined king would make sense instead of BT if it gave 4% all the time---it gives lifesteal, some damage, a decent proc, and a good active; that said, your overall sustain/survivability in a team-fight via DPS would be lower.

That said, once you factor in that it's current health, the DPS and survivability drop is so great that I'm really not sure if can compete in an ADC line-up.

Which goes back to the original question---who's going to build this? Urgot benefits too much from pure AD (and doesn't build that way), ADCs I've already explained, Jayce benefits more from BT because of his massive AD scaling....so that leaves us with Teemo.

I just don't see how this could work on ranged (besides Teemo, but it doesn't have super strong synergy with him since AS/on-hit Teemo doesn't build a lot of AD)---it seems bruisers would be able to use it more effectively at killing each other (sunfire+Blade would be ultra hard to counter)---but even then, as you point out, bruisers in general would do better with Wits End.

Maybe I'm just missing something.