Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biomatter

11-09-2012

Xypherous - I love you. I can tell the Riot team has really put a lot of thought into S3! Keep up the fantastic work!

Atyres

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Luckily, in lane, there are 3 main gank paths.

As a Jungle main I would have to say that really you just have to ward two of those spots and leave the farthest up from you wardless and then just play passively. It will give you the coverage you need with plenty of fall back for a jungler coming in.

Just my two cents on the subject, I am looking forward to how this will play out ultimately. I am, however, not looking forward to super warded lanes. The trend of having to buy oracles early (depending on the jungler of course) will be pushed even further up I am afraid. This means that some junglers who are more gank reliant for gold will either be pushed out of this new jungle (since it seems the new jungle is intent on not allowing for earlier ganks) or they will have to be far behind with an item that may or may not last due to counter invades or poor play.

Again, just my two cents, hope to see this new content soon =)

Altonious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerothal View Post
So what is going to be the alternative to heart of gold for a squishy support like Sona?
Her base health is very low, her health and armor just got reduced and now you take away the one gp5 item that gives her early game health and some surviveability.
How are you going to compensate for that?
Everyone knows Riot hates supports.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

What da fuq?

You're taking IONIC SPARK OUT?

Volibear, Shen, Teemo, Irelia, ANYONE WHO SCALES WITH ATTACK SPEED AND HP, are all going to be considered nerfed now.
WW, xin, ect ect.
Not only does Ionic spark do more damage than witts, assuming there's more than 1 target and exponentially more at the max targets, but it gives freaking hp.

Jesus, you already took SoTD away from us, why would you take IS too?

aduda12

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
[B]Ionic Spark

It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.
But i thought you guys were trying to make more unique item builds for champions, yet you're removing items that worked really well on certain champions for the very reason that they're good for certain champions, you're saying one thing and doing a completely different thing.
Same thing with the removal of HoG and adding the Sightstone, you remove one item that's good overall, and replace it with another item that's even better overall. There is no reason for any lane/jungle not to buy this.

BaneRain

11-09-2012

Man I main jungle. The adjustment to all this **** is gonna be hard :/

MisakiTakahashi

11-09-2012

Removing HoG:

Nerf to supports #1485648643546484351845498

BiiVii

11-09-2012

I remember you guys talking about problems with wards and oracles, where it can be completely crippling for one side to hold an oracles. The idea of too much warding has also been talked about before. With Spiritstone, does that mean you support the way the ward system currently works? Can you maybe reveal anything about potential changes to oracles or the warding system if there is any???

3mptylord

11-09-2012

Please don't remove Ionic Spark from Dominion...

It's basically required on any non-pusher who is sent bot... it's simply needed to push back.

MrTimely

11-09-2012

I'm thoroughly surprised at almost all of these, not to mention very disappointed. Like wtf bloodrazer was week? Hahahahahahahaha that's ridiculous.