Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nurgen

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus567 View Post
As a Warwick player that used Bloodrazor as part of my core build, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. 4% of current health vs. 4% of max health is a major difference.

Before, Bloodrazor and Warwicks ult would take 24% of the targets health, just from Bloodrazors procs alone. Now, the Blade will do decreasing damage, making Warwick's ult much less deadly. So, when are the buffs for Warwick coming?!?!?!

Btw @Xypherous, Warwick players hate you now.
Seriously? The blade has a higher base damage, and that clicky is SO good for Warwick.

The Nice Boat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I legitimately hate this. I love HoG, Ionic Spark, and absolutely hate late game lifesteal, which is what Blade of the Ruined King is. I hope this is rethought over again.

TheVoidDream

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Luckily, in lane, there are 3 main gank paths.
I've continuously praised you, Xypherous. Whether the praise was just a silent nod behind the computer monitor or a written reply in one of your many updates, I still agree with everything you have been behind so far.

With that said, the thing that stands out to me about this is with two out of the three possible gank paths warded, it will still allow for extreme aggression. I think about it from my perspective being in the low elo range. If I know that there is only one path left unseen on my map, I will apply massive pressure by warding the 2 most commonly used paths and then avoid the third, most uncommon path altogether. I'd play this way with the assumption that 9 out of 10 games in that elo won't have a jungler who will use the most uncommon path. This could also happen against me if the opponents share my train of thought. I'm not sure if I'm making sense or if I'm even interpreting your quote in the proper way.

serratedblade

11-09-2012

Madred's Bloodrazor
+40 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.

Everyone knows this item is very cost inefficient ( costing 3800) , and if you have no magic pen the dmg you would be doing with on hit items would drop. This is also ment to be an alternative dmg item for knows what type of class, it has bot ad ad magic dmg . And you want ads to build it , then there are simply better alternatives like
Infinity Edge
+80 Attack Damage +25% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: Your critical strikes now deal 250% damage instead of 200%. Costing 3830
And it able to output more dmg later in the game because it synergies with phantom dancer really well. And madreds doesn't really scale with anything but attack speed and spell pen. Once the other team build one negation cloak the goes your dmg output.

I really wanted oh hit to be a thing of season three. Will there be an effective change for on hit builds to be viable in the upcomeing season? I like building oh hit for kayle because her pasive works well with it. I was think why making an item that really specific for ap, on hit builds like teems and kayle. Built from

Malady
+25 Ability Power +50% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal 20 bonus magic damage and reduce the target's Magic Resist by 6 for 8 seconds (effect stacks up to 4 times).

Is worth 1825

But it would have a second bold path. That would actually benefit if you build other oh hit items as well.

Lets say you take the recurve bow and maybe add that same cloth armor with the malady.

1825+ 300+ 1050= 3175 for the total of the items and + 700 for the recipe cost of the new madreds blood razor. The new cost would be relatively the same. 3875.

Madreds malady
+40 Ability Power +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.
UNIQUE Passive: increases the effectiveness of other on hit abilities by X%( x is for balance issues)
UNIQUE Passive: reduce the target's Magic Resist by 10 for 8 seconds (effect stacks up to 3 times).

This item would be the , in my opion , the infinity edge of on hit builds. Or make an item similar to it. So I could finally build oh hit effectively in play.

Thank you riot for a wonderful game.

Tl,dr
Riot make an on hit item that is efective and efficient , and that compliments other on hit items as well. Plz fix madreds blood razor

Edit: SO Ioinc Spark is being removed, and madreds bloodrazor is being removed

There Idea for making more Build paths is by removing Items, Why cant they make more and buff/ fix the existing ones?

so that leaves us with just malady and wits end for On-hit AS builds.

Thanks riot , but you just ruined this game for me.

now I cant build On-hit anymore in this new patch unless you introduce some godlike on-hit item that scales well enough like IE does.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Ionic Spark

Ionic Spark was a niche item made odd by the fact that much better options exist and it seems to fill an odd triple-niche: Survivability, On-hit, Wave clear. Who is this item supposed to be good on? It requires a very specific sub-set of characters (Tanky characters with zero wave clear that scales off attack speed) in order to be good - at which point it really starts to conflict with Wit's End for the same case.

Ionic Spark turns out to be a trap for most characters if you ever picked it up. It requires you to be ahead to be effective as the effect is highly conditional (every 4 hits.) It requires you to pick it up early as there's no scaling effect on the item (fixed magic damage). It requires you to be a specific sub-set of characters in order to be good in the first place.

A niche item with a huge set of conditionals, both champion-specific *and* context specific is an item that will never sit in a good place for very long as the thing that'll make it viable is most likely an abuse case that'll have to be nerfed in the future which makes all the other problems worse.
So what happens to these few niche champions who are only viable with ionic spark?

chumbler

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcide View Post
So what happens to these few niche champions who are only viable with ionic spark?
Ionic spark doesn't make anyone viable. He was merely listing champions on whom it isn't total ****, just mostly ****.

Crowcide

11-09-2012

Quote:
Nope - in this case, the bruiser in question should've gotten Wit's End instead - as they get similar damage and defenses for roughly half the cost.
So what do you see as a viable volibear build in s3?

Grammardor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

With the removal of FoN, how will Singed fare in S3? Besides Tear+Upgrades being viable on him, will any other changes hit/help him?

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Ionic spark doesn't make anyone viable. He was merely listing champions on whom it isn't total ****, just mostly ****.
except wickd a top elo player disagree's and had started to build it on irelia, could have built it on jax, it wasn't honestly as bad as xyph made it out to be

Clerigon

11-09-2012

So with the new support item, i can buy it with janna + boots of mobility, i can go ward my bot lane, back to base fast, refill the item for free, and ward other site or just back to lane, how this item help with the snowball in the game? the enemy support will need to spend more and more gold in wards while i can just back to base and refill the item.