Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocte Prime

11-09-2012

Philo Stone is much more powerful than HoG. It gives lane sustain for 800g.

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Wait. No more Bloodrazor? Blade of the Ruined King is a poor alternative, sadly. Sustain is nice, but it'll never measure up to old bloodrazor in the right hands. I might still use Blade of the Ruined King on some champions, like Renekton, but it won't feel the same.

If I may ask, does the removal of FoN also have an effect on that decision, Xypherous? From my understanding that item directly counters bloodrazor in a lot of cases, and when combined with Randuins, completely shuts out any on-hit build compared to an AD carry.

Will we see a late game on-hit item return? I'm not talking sustain, strictly damage? Will Kitae's be added to Summoner's Rift, or is it being removed as well?

Destrucshot

11-09-2012

Xyph, I'm worried about this HoG removal, specifically regarding how it'll effect squishy supports.

Currently, HoG is detrimental to the squishy supports (Soraka/Janna/Sona/Lulu etc) to be able to have some relevance in the increase of aggressive-tanky-kill lane supports nowadays. When it is gone, supports will have to wait a long time to be able to get any tanky items, where HoG was fairly cost efficient and allowed you to have some health in the early phases of the game.

Gazow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Well, to be fair, resource-less champions get a huge advantage in the fact that.. they're resourceless to begin with. Your early itemization starts can be far more aggressive due to this fact.

soooo.... mordekaiser getting forgotten yet again. nice....

Shioal

11-09-2012

I couldn't care less about the sightstone, explain in greater detail the idea behind the removal of the MBR and Ionic Spark

Orders Sol

11-09-2012

For all the people complaining this item will be stacked in laning-

Nice sightstone. Now have a taste of my extra Dorans +5 pots.

Don't worry, your jungle's too busy struggling with the new creeps

YoshiStampedeBlu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
In general, the removals have focused on ones that warp gameplay around itself to the point where no other items can exist or ones that prevents the creation of items that would encourage flexibility in builds.

For example - There is no item that can compete with Heart of Gold. It fits into any build that doesn't run raw damage and is never a bad idea. There is no reason for any other tier 1 item to exist when Heart of Gold does.

In the case of FoN - You can't create many additional MS% or MR options when FoN exists - because the stacked potential would excessively strong. MR and MS% destroy mages when they're readily available as a mage's main safety is range and burst.

Any additional MR/MS% options added to the game would have to also necessitate nerfing FoN as well the items would've had to be balanced to the stacked case - rather than the individual case.
So the stats weren't weird ,you guys wanted to add some more spice to your season 3 items by reskinning existing items. Why didn't you guys just say so from the begining?

GustavoHmp

11-09-2012

I dont know if anyone answered that but:
Do the wards from Sighstone give gold upon being killed?
Cause it could make a early oracles pay more than it does already

serverny JR

11-09-2012

With these free wards:
step 1) bot lane is pretty much permawarded.
step 2) early Oracle is even more mandatory to have anychances to gank bot lane ever if you are not shen/nocturne
step 3) most junglers cant afford early Oracle cause its extremely not safe, jungle is stronger, you are lower on HP and you dont have early tankyness from HoG that fit every jungler before.

I'm afraid end result will be "in soloQ jungler will never wants to gank bot lane in soloQ - waste of time 99% of time"

chumbler

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shioal View Post
I couldn't care less about the sightstone, explain in greater detail the idea behind the removal of the MBR and Ionic Spark
They were both pieces of ****. That's all there is to explain. Not that botrk is much of an improvement, but yeah. They sucked, that's why they were removed.