Item Preview – Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
Xypherous I appreciate the thought you put into this, but by removing items you're just removing options in a seeming attempt to close champions to one build.

I do not appreciate that. The new items are neat and stuff but you're removing items in "families" and that seems unfair.
the items we are getting told about are only the tip of the iceberg

Shrimpsess

11-09-2012

@Xypherous

What is an "invisible ward"? That seems redundant, unless it's different from a normal ward...

iKnow

11-09-2012

what about mana manipulator xyph? any plans there?

Vencu

11-09-2012

Quote:
Xypherous I appreciate the thought you put into this, but by removing items you're just removing options in a seeming attempt to close champions to one build.

I do not appreciate that. The new items are neat and stuff but you're removing items in "families" and that seems unfair.

Case in point. You are expressing your opinion, and holding us to it.
except now you'll see spirit vistage more,

hog is gone which was built on so many tops junglers and supports meaning more build flexibility

we also have yet to see all the new items they're adding (e.g. the upgrade paths for the GP10's he mentioned)

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Madred’s Bloodrazor - Removed

Madred’s Bloodrazor has traditionally been a weak pick overall. On the surface, it appears to counter high health targets. However, its odd build path and the fact that it does magical damage make the Bloodrazor awkward in many situations. It doesn’t do as much damage as other alternatives to high hit point targets, nor is the build path something lenient enough to let you quickly build it to counter high health targets. As a jungle control item it is surpassed by Wriggle’s Lantern in many ways, especially for sustains, invades and jungle vision.

Alternative: Blade of the Ruined King

This item first debuted in Twisted Treeline, and was meant to be the ‘high health counter’ for ranged attackers. Against moderate DPS / high health targets, Blade of the Ruined King attacks these characters where it hurts the most – the fact that their DPS is consistent over time. By draining a percentage of their current health on every strike, Blade of the Ruined King seeks to burn down high health targets by both outlasting and kiting them.

Blade of the Ruined King also works well for on-hit ranged attackers, providing them a form of combat sustain that is independent of the amount of damage done by their main attack. On-hit Teemo or On-hit Kog’maws have traditionally fared poorly in being able to output sustained damage in a fight because life steal was so anti-synergistic with their builds. Blade of the Ruined King not only fits the % damage profile that Madred’s Bloodrazor once occupied but also supplies life steal for these character builds.

No offense, Xyph,but I really don't like this, at all, and really see this as just becoming MBR 2.0 with better itemization+stats in building it; it'll be noob trap 2.0 for Kog'maw and I can really only see this being used by bruisers to counter other bruisers (Ie: they'll get this instead of BT).

The main issue I have with it is the fact it's 4% of current health instead of maximum health---which effectively means that the first few auto-attacks with this hurt, but then it starts falling off really hard because it is current health; unless their health is obscenely high, it'll have the same problem as MBR will, IMHO.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Now that HOG is gone what will Randuin's Omen use as part of its build or will it just receive a small lose in stats and a lower price?

chumbler

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpsess View Post
@Xypherous

What is an "invisible ward"? That seems redundant, unless it's different from a normal ward...
I'm pretty sure all wards state that they are invisible. Because they are. Imagine the ****storm of overreacting idiots if they didn't specify it was invisible.

Pika Fox

11-09-2012

Quote:

Case in point. You are expressing your opinion, and holding us to it.
To be fair.... his opinion probably has a LOT more research and data behind it than yours...

Phoneixflare

11-09-2012

but why
I liked Ionic spark :[
it was such a fun item.

Fracture Eon

11-09-2012

So, since you've leaked the name of a new on-hit item (Statikk Shiv) can you tell us if on-hit builds will see better multiplicative scaling? Currently, on-hit only scales intentionally with your attack speed and consequentially with whatever AD you happen to have