Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felaedor

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Here's the core difference - Sightstone doesn't net you advantage if you are passive. Having wards provides safety - but Heart of Gold actually nets you advantage by passive play due to your passive GP/10 will override the value of active play.

You're not going to win the lane any harder by being safe - whereas HoG causes you to win the lane harder by being hard to burst.
If you tell me Ghost Wards have a smaller range than Sight Wards, we'll be good.

The gold efficiency of this item is just absolutely ludicrous otherwise though.

chumbler

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strossus Gran View Post
This. They already said they're adding another gold stream for supports, so they will be less reliant on GP5 stacking. Now instead of a (other than gold) useless (for a long time) HoG you can spend 25g more and get an early Kindlegem! Aside from gold stream, I'd much rather have early CDR for Sona and Leona.

Who this really hurts is those hurt by the jungle changes, tanky/support AOE junglers like Naut/Sejuani who relied on the GP/5 to supplement their mediocre farming AND scale off health. Statikk said they'll keep an eye on them but I have my worries about big ole Naut for the near future...
Adding another gold stream is just as bad as gp10 and doesn't fix the 0 cs support thing either.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

11-09-2012

What are supports supposed to build now instead of HoG? At least have the decency to buff their base HP and HP per level then and add a new gp/10 item.Philo and Lucky Pick alone are not enough as there are cases where getting a 3rd gold item is needed...or add a gp/10 mastery deep in the utility tree.Also,what's gonna happen to the locket now? Are you just gonna decrease the total cost and make it build from a single ruby crystal? What does Statikk Shiv do? Telling us about a new item and then leaving us in the dark...And last,what's Tiamat gonna look like now?

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Xypherous you show us an item recently that interacts with Summoner Spells is it possible we could see more of these items like, boots that reduces Flash's CD on Assist and Kills or allows Teleport to take you to your Allied Champions, and while those might not be a good idea ever this still is an opportunity to improve Surge, Revive, Clarity, Clairvoyance,and Promote buy making the items that Support would build improve these Spells.

Oscariginal

11-09-2012

So, I can equip my tree with rocks and still be viable?! I like this new itemization.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxGEchO View Post
The Heart of gold removal is silly, So you lock junglers to Phil Stones in the jungle for GP10? becuase the other 2 specific GP10 items are not viable on most junglers.. so.. make the jungler harder and then remove the heath GP10 that was a standard in most builds because if you cant get ganks off the dual gp10 is a must.. and now that the new meta is going to remove early gankings? your saying screw the junglers, Play top Lane assassin or dont play the game at all..
Pretty sure they are reworking the jangle once again specifically to absolutely remove the need of GP10s on junglers.

I'll wait till the new items are revealed to whine and moan on the forums or not.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
5 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Soo, Xyph, we gonna see any gp5 for manaless ad supports, like Lee Sin?
Manaless supports aren't something I'm sure is a good idea to support. There's a weird flow to manaless supports where if they *can* support effectively - then the only option left is to burst because sustaining / harassing are effectively free for them.

You can't burn down the mana bar of something that has no mana, essentially. It's a very dangerous concept in general.

Siigari

11-09-2012

Xypherous I appreciate the thought you put into this, but by removing items you're just removing options in a seeming attempt to close champions to one build.

I do not appreciate that. The new items are neat and stuff but you're removing items in "families" and that seems unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Manaless supports aren't something I'm sure is a good idea to support. There's a weird flow to manaless supports where if they *can* support effectively - then the only option left is to burst because sustaining / harassing are effectively free for them.

You can't burn down the mana bar of something that has no mana, essentially. It's a very dangerous concept in general.
Case in point. You are expressing your opinion, and holding us to it.

orc72

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
BoTRK is already a very good item, it does not need buffs
Not really. The fact that it does damage based on there current health, means it does less damage the lower health they get. This also means it heals you for less while they still deal the same amount of damage.
The way it currently is, blade of the ruined king makes it so you can never win. Just imagine someone with blood thirster fighting someone with botrk. The blood thirster will win out in every situation due to the fact that the survivability blood thirster provides does not go down whenever the person there attacking gets low health.

MrHedge64

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
manaless supports aren't something i'm sure is a good idea to support. There's a weird flow to manaless supports where if they *can* support effectively - then the only option left is to burst because sustaining / harassing are effectively free for them.

ah ah ah

i have lured you into a trap

now all will know the power of lee sin support
a new era of war has begun