What ranged AD need is an escape item

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

67chrome

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruden999 View Post
I'm getting pretty frustrated of taking not EZ ranged AD and having the bruisers jump right through the tanks, beat me up, and then jump right through the tanks out. An item that deals with this situation would dramatically increase my enjoyment of this type of champion.

Anyone agree?
The most viable champions on the map are essentially anti-carries that excel at running through a 5 man team and boopn' you on the head, I'm not sure how much a bit of mobility would help in that situation considering you're going to 1v1 and 2v2 a lot more often, only thing that really helps out at all their is having an impassible tank wall you always buddy up with.

Maybe if Cleanse was changed to help against all CC (fk you Nunu/Singed slow, Exhaust damage reduction debuff, Malz/Skarner ult, Wukong/Alistar knockup) it would disproportionately benefit champions without CC and a weakness to CC *cough* carries *cough*.

Other than that I don't see how a mobility-granting item could be niche enough for only carries to grab it. If it offers solid AD stats anything that scales with AD will grab it for the free Flash, if it's expensive enough to need serious commitment in a build you won't have it for half the match, if it's cheap enough to utilize early everyone will get it (and complain on the forums that the stats don't jive perfectly with their choice champ).

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
let's see

because ranged AD like ashe cannot kite, or MF does not have a slow, or Cait has no trap or slow + jump back anymore?

and did someone say Varus and Kog'maw lost their slow too and Corki cannot valkyrie anymore? Or Trist forgot how to rocket jump?

Oh god, the horror

Good luck Slowing Jax as Ashe wen he has his E on....

Fruden999

11-09-2012

I like the idea of an item that does a mini xin ult to push opponents away, or a funny item one that makes auto attacks push opponents away ha!

But then i think of lulu buying those things and ugh!!! I have a hard time thinking of items to patch up issues of some champs considering some other champs really dont have too many issues at all.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

An item-based approach to this can be very scary. I don't like the comparison to Blink Dagger in DotA, because DotA doesn't have scaling spells, so it's a lot easier to justify making an expensive item without stats. That's out of the question, so if we did give it stats for League, we'd still run into the problem of ADC being more gold and stat-dependent than bruisers. So yeah, it'd just end up being a bruiser problem.

It's probably better to handle it on the Summoner Spell side; for example, an improved Flash.

Tempestphile

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
True

But the fact that getting caught by Jax comes down to bad positioning / trying to 1v1?

ADC should excel in positioning and doing damage afar while the team protects you?

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Volley *Run away*

JustAGhost

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's probably better to handle it on the Summoner Spell side; for example, an improved Flash.
Isn't Flash getting nerfed with a longer cooldown?

HaIfhearted

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaGhost View Post
Isn't Flash getting nerfed with a longer cooldown?
I think Nome meant making a new specially modified Flash just for Dominion, since the current version is mostly ass.

Ahlen

11-09-2012

Quote:
An item-based approach to this can be very scary. I don't like the comparison to Blink Dagger in DotA, because DotA doesn't have scaling spells, so it's a lot easier to justify making an expensive item without stats. That's out of the question, so if we did give it stats for League, we'd still run into the problem of ADC being more gold and stat-dependent than bruisers. So yeah, it'd just end up being a bruiser problem.

Consider also that hard carries in DOTA (The ADC) almost never buy blink daggers. They're built on the dota bruiser equivalent, and heavy initiators. Enigma, Slardar, Sand King.

Of course, LoL has much more mobility creep than DOTA ever did. I haven't done the analysis but I'd say the amount of gap closers is much higher here than there.

Infirc

11-11-2012

Quote:

you could handle it as an inverse red buff, ie. "if your basic aa Mecanic is ranged then flash isat full power if your basic aa Mechanic is melee the effect is halved (half range? double cd?, cast time for melees? )" there's alot of possibilites to improve it that way.