2 Ribbon Account Banned.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malpraktis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mature Gamer View Post
Didn't you hear, like 0.8% of 50million people got banned by the recent riot audit. That is like 450k people permabanned bro. No reform cards given dawg. Season 3 coming dawg, go buy 450k new accounts with 7 day ip boosts and champ packs so u can become famous in season 3 brah.

Get with the program.
Sorry that you believe every stat you hear. Riot doesn't have 50 million people playing this game. Not even close. They may have 50 million accounts created, but that does not equal 50 million ACTIVE PLAYERS.

I know for a fact that most players have 2-5 accounts that they play. And some players have upwards to 10+ accounts. Also I know people that have created 10+ accounts under the recruit a friend program for their own account.

So in reality you probably have around 8-10 million players (MAYBE) worldwide that play this game.

Next you take into account on how many of those players only play custom / bot games which you will virtually never be reported. Also take into account that many players play in premade groups (2-4 people) so they will never receive reports. Its easy to "skew" the numbers and say you are in the .8% of most toxic players in the game when in reality I am the average type of person that plays this game.

The ONLY difference is that I solo Q for each game in RANKED (which is a rage fest all day long, espectially 1400-1700 , ask anyone). I have played HUNDREDS of ranked games in the last month or two (thats WELL beyond the "average" 99% of players).I am forced to play and deal with 1 or 2 DUO Ques all the time that gang up on people and report bully them in ranked games. If I played 1-3 games a day I would never end up the in tribunal since I wouldn't have enough reports in a short amount of time. But when you play so many games a day especially in ranked where tensions are always high (especially at the end of the season when people are gunning for gold / plat) it is easy to for Riot to come out with some meaningless stat saying you are int he ".8%" of the most toxic players which is clearly not true. And the fact that people believe every word they hear from Riot instead of actually thinking for themselves is just down right sad honestly.

And by the way I have tuned in many 2200+ ranked "PRO" streamers and seen them act MUCH worse then I have in games and they always go unpunished. The double standard and special treatment in this game is appalling.

Mature Gamer

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malpraktis View Post
Sorry that you believe every stat you hear. Riot doesn't have 50 million people playing this game. Not even close. They may have 50 million accounts created, but that does not equal 50 million ACTIVE PLAYERS.

I know for a fact that most players have 2-5 accounts that they play. And some players have upwards to 10+ accounts. Also I know people that have created 10+ accounts under the recruit a friend program for their own account.

So in reality you probably have around 8-10 million players (MAYBE) worldwide that play this game.

Next you take into account on how many of those players only play custom / bot games which you will virtually never be reported. Also take into account that many players play in premade groups (2-4 people) so they will never receive reports. Its easy to "skew" the numbers and say you are in the .8% of most toxic players in the game when in reality I am the average type of person that plays this game.

The ONLY difference is that I solo Q for each game in RANKED (which is a rage fest all day long, espectially 1400-1700 , ask anyone). I have played HUNDREDS of ranked games in the last month or two (thats WELL beyond the "average" 99% of players).I am forced to play and deal with 1 or 2 DUO Ques all the time that gang up on people and report bully them in ranked games. If I played 1-3 games a day I would never end up the in tribunal since I wouldn't have enough reports in a short amount of time. But when you play so many games a day especially in ranked where tensions are always high (especially at the end of the season when people are gunning for gold / plat) it is easy to for Riot to come out with some meaningless stat saying you are int he ".8%" of the most toxic players which is clearly not true. And the fact that people believe every word they hear from Riot instead of actually thinking for themselves is just down right sad honestly.

And by the way I have tuned in many 2200+ ranked "PRO" streamers and seen them act MUCH worse then I have in games and they always go unpunished. The double standard and special treatment in this game is appalling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBk0FuYNY0

Tribunal system working as intended.

Malpraktis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mature Gamer View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBk0FuYNY0

Tribunal system working as intended.
Grow up.

This isn't about the tribunal. I wasn't banned from the tribunal nor have I ever been banned or warned from the tribunal. This is about an audit that landed me a 14 day ban without a warning out of no where.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Quote:
know for a fact
1. I don't think this phrase means what you think it means.

2. There are other points, but I'll save them for now.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You've accumulated hundreds and hundreds of reports. You are reported in almost 40% of your games. 65% of your reports are Verbal Abuse, Negative Attitude and Offensive Language. I'm not going to post your chat, but it's extremely passive aggressive and toxic. The only reason you were not caught by Tribunal earlier was because of an insanely low probability edge case when converting from old Tribunal to new Tribunal a long time ago.

Also, we don't calculate the stats based on life-time accounts or anything ridiculous like that. You are in the bottom 0.8% of currently active players that are actively playing the game.

Goth Skunk

11-09-2012

Quote:
I am willing to bet you are completely wrong that Riot staffers actually sit down and manually go through games. I will guarantee that Riot sets up a algorithm with a set of conditions that will sweep through accounts and ban them automatically that meet these conditions. Because I never ended up in the tribunal EVER and all of a sudden I am hit in some "audit" leads me to believe that this is the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyte
You've accumulated hundreds and hundreds of reports. You are reported in almost 40% of your games. 65% of your reports are Verbal Abuse, Negative Attitude and Offensive Language. I'm not going to post your chat, but it's extremely passive aggressive and toxic. The only reason you were not caught by Tribunal earlier was because of an insanely low probability edge case when converting from old Tribunal to new Tribunal a long time ago.

Also, we don't calculate the stats based on life-time accounts or anything ridiculous like that. You are in the bottom 0.8% of currently active players that are actively playing the game.
Still want to take that bet?

Infernal Tiger

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyte View Post
you've accumulated hundreds and hundreds of reports. You are reported in almost 40% of your games. 65% of your reports are verbal abuse, negative attitude and offensive language. I'm not going to post your chat, but it's extremely passive aggressive and toxic. The only reason you were not caught by tribunal earlier was because of an insanely low probability edge case when converting from old tribunal to new tribunal a long time ago.

justice!

Youkai Ningen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

Lyte since you're around I'm kind of curious how often I get reported? If you're willing to answer that anyways. I like to think of myself as a pretty well behaved player usually.

Waz Joe

11-09-2012

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRara View Post
Summoners!

We recently popped the cork on the second iteration of our Refer-a-Friend Program, so we thought it might be time to have a little chat with those of you intending to take advantage of this system. Exploiting the Refer-a-Friend program is not only unfair to those summoners who make an honest effort to introduce others to League of Legends, but also detrimental to everyone’s overall experience – particularly when the methods employed can potentially ruin honest players’ games.

Consider this fair warning. We’re going to be treating any attempt to exploit the Refer-a-Friend program the same way that we would any other fraud attempt. This means that our ever-vigilant Fraud Prevention Team will be monitoring the system, ready to pounce on perpetrators of nefarious schemes aimed at acquiring dishonest referrals. And once we found them, they’re going to find themselves subject to some pretty hefty consequences, including:

• The loss of any and all content acquired under dubious circumstances.
  • A permanent ban from the Refer-a-Friend Program.
  • A suspension or in some cases, a permanent ban from League of Legends.

Our commitment to honest players has always been one of our ideals as a company, and the Refer-a-Friend Program is no different. We’re taking this seriously, and we hope that you are, too.

Alrighty then. Since we cleared that up, enjoy your ban.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You are reported in almost 40% of your games.
Wow. Just wow.

Heck, even if 3/4ths of the reports are inaccurate, he'd still be reported in 10% of his games, and I believe it's been previously mentioned that the average player is reported in less than 1% of the games they play.