Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chrisluissanc1

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrWestWind View Post
What you fail to realize is the number of natural junglers who are not ranged. I play Nocturne (1 ranged ablitily with high cooldown), Nautilus (with 1 ranged ability: his pull), and Hecarim (with no ranged abilities). What I'm saying is RIOT basically just made all the current junglers suck at jungling, and made everyone else a viable jungler, leaving the almost strictly jungle champions completely useless on any team.
u clear dont know what a super man leash is my freind

Amaroq

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansama View Post
but i feel like leashing for someone to help their jungle clear a bit quicker was always a good part of the game. now it seems that you will need at least 2-3 teamates to "leash" with this new system which will mess with people's cs and lane presence.
Yeah, the way I see it, having a jungler just means you have a very needy team member who holds his allies back in lane and can't do **** on his own.
This makes me very sad.

Amaroq

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluissanc1 View Post
u clear dont know what a super man leash is my freind
One that leaves you mid laner at no health and makes him recall and get way behind in lane?

TheGuber

11-09-2012

jungle sounds so scary...

TheMask336

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel5722 View Post
okay first of all, the entire rest of the team roles are specific to champions with certain attributes, so why change junglers? Jungling is a specific team role just like an AD carry is or a support champion is. You never made a patch making Karthus a more viable solo top or Orianna a better AD carry, or Sona a better mid-laner. Why are you so insistent on making the jungle roster longer? all this does is make it harder to jungle with champs who were actually meant to jungle, like Warwick or Evelynn or Shaco, whose only viability now is in his stealth. These were the original junglers, and they don't have any AoE, or in Eve's case, no reliable AoE to use in the jungle. These champs were dependent on early game ganking ability, and now that that's gone, these tailor-made junglers become less viable. Furthermore, leashing is now impossible or at the very least pointless with the new golem behavior. Not to mention that this new Hunter's Machete item now essentially guarantees every jungler will have Wriggle's Lantern, which, from my own observation, is the item that makes or breaks a jungler. And don't even think about raging against this comment if you've read this far because you clearly only live through forums, so go troll someone else. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

100% agree well said....i think this is a bad idea they are gonna mess up jungling sooooo bad no1 is gonna bother with it i know i wont if its pointless to jungle after this

@zeph: mid lane shouldnt even get hit by the blue buff......and a superleash is not what u said its makeing the mob dance..........

ToadStools

11-09-2012

What changes will be made for Kha'Zix? I recently picked him up but he seems very mana hungry on his W. D:

Tryphikik

11-09-2012

It doesn't even matter... any real criticism or thought is buried under people who probably don't even jungle wondering if they can now play their favorite ap mid in the jungle instead if they end up jungling.

Because whether people can jungle Malzahar is infinitely more important than the fact that the super tanks are going to get trashed and have exactly zero fall backs since most of them can't lane at all. These are the important questions that are going to need more than some % damage jungle creep item to fix when they get murdered by the lack of a leash and higher damage camps that they could barely survive in the current jungle without an invade being inevitable that completely ruined their jungle for the next 10 minutes.

Sheetaariis

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansama View Post
i like the sound of this idea. but i feel like leashing for someone to help their jungle clear a bit quicker was always a good part of the game. now it seems that you will need at least 2-3 teamates to "leash" with this new system which will mess with people's cs and lane presence.
Not just this, but once again, most people want to stay in the bushes to makes sure an invade isn't coming. That person usually is the first to hit blue/red. This new mechanic makes invades even more possible because either the jungler has to deal with the damage immediately and is going to be way low on health by the time the invade gets around or the invade will come out of nowhere because the person who would be in the bushes has to come around to be the one in the way of the buff monster. I know I'm not the only who hates the idea of leashing being destroyed as I've read through the posts here and it KEEPS COMING UP! RIot, if you want to really pay attention to your players and make them a game they created... LEAVE LEASHING ALONE!!!

ToyBoats

11-09-2012

My main concern is jungle evelynn, I feel like she was a fun niche pick, but I don't think she'll be able to jungle at all now.

ToadStools

11-09-2012

Will any changes occur for Kha'Zix? I recently picked him up and he's very fun but sometimes he gets stuck on walls that even nidalee can jump over and his w is very mana hungry in the jungle. D: