Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youre gonna lose

11-09-2012

I can't wait till the patch goes live but one question Xypherous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Ionic Spark Removed

Ionic Spark is a bit of a confusing item right now. Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank), but its good to have an effective wave clearing option for characters that lack an innate ability to quickly deal with waves of minions. For a proc-build, Ionic Spark is awkward because it grants a very inconsistent proc that does some damage but is inferior to Wits End in a lot of cases.

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wits End

Tiamat has been vastly upgraded as a passive wave clearing item, while Wits End has always been the traditionally stronger option for Attack Speed / On-hit builds.
You kinda snuck Statikk Shiv in there but didn't say anything about it! =O What is it!

L0serK1ng

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
Just remove all gold items when you're on it.

Gold items = passive play.
What's an alternative for a support, given the current 0CS meta?

Duke Br0heimer

11-09-2012

The fact that this post still only has 4 upvotes after 9 pages tells me those changes aren't super appreciated by the community.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I don't see why Ionic Spark has to be removed. On some champs I used it instead of Wit's End; on many, I would build it AND Wit's End for double the attackspeed fun. I'm hoping this Statikk's Shiv will be a similar replacement (I'd really like to hear more info about it).

CoolHandJack

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Ionic Spark removal is somewhat of an annoyance to Shyvana players who loved the multitarget multiproc (to the point that she synergizes with the item better than either Shen or Gangplank via her passive Armor/MR and how they encourage building HP). It was a better onhit item for Q damage than even Wit's End if you hit 2 enemies, and completely blew it out of the water at 4+.

Reworking Tiamat makes this ok if you don't just have the splash directed at minions only.
This is what I thought of when I saw Ionic's removal as well. I just learned recently how awesome Ionic Spark was on Shyvana so sad to see it go.

BlueSphereThing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I think the HoG removal is great way to indirectly nerf aggressive supports like Blitzcrank and Alistar, even if they are my favorite supports.

FancifuHarlequin

11-09-2012

I was really blindsided by the removal of Ionic Spark. I just started experimenting with Twisted Fate and I thought it worked fairly well on him. What I don't understand is why it was considered good on gangplank and not tf or volibear.

Give me one reason. One reason to build it on gp. Once we've established that you have no idea what you're talking about, its a bit more understandable.

Edit: I am interested to see what this Statikk Shiv business is. Can it make up for the removal of both SotD and Ionic Spark? Probably not. Will it be a start? We shall see.

hartar

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMagus View Post
I don't see why Ionic Spark has to be removed. On some champs I used it instead of Wit's End; on many, I would build it AND Wit's End for double the attackspeed fun. I'm hoping this Statikk's Shiv will be a similar replacement (I'd really like to hear more info about it).
i used for my volibear

chumbler

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0serK1ng View Post
What's an alternative for a support, given the current 0CS meta?
Fixing the 0 cs meta.

Nanatsu

11-09-2012

WTF my Force of Nature, my Ionic Spark, what am I going to use to give me that crazy hp regen, magic resist, and movement speed for my Garen. My beloved Ionic Spark too it was such a niche item now there wont be anymore Lightning Dragon Claw Sweep cry* or Double Up spark shot from my Shyvanna and Miss Fortune hell was even planning to build it on Twitch to see how well one well placed ultimate could wreck stuff up.