Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sobaskets

11-09-2012

HoG being removed is fine. It was redundant and practically everyone and their mom bought one who wasn't an AP or ADC carry simply for the cheap health boost that pays for itself.

Hopefully this means they will scale down the cost of Randuins and offer a different GP10 item, or perhaps more gold generation in the support tree.

Just because they deleted HoG doesn't mean it wont be made up for in other areas. Stop crying till we see what other changes are coming.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ionic Spark – Removed

Ionic Spark is a bit of a confusing item right now. Ionic Spark only fully synergizes with one or two champions (Shen, Gangplank), but it’s good to have an effective wave clearing option for characters that lack an innate ability to quickly deal with waves of minions. For a proc-build, Ionic Spark is awkward because it grants a very inconsistent proc that does some damage but is inferior to Wit’s End in a lot of cases.

Alternative: Statikk Shiv, Tiamat, Wit’s End

Tiamat has been vastly upgraded as a passive wave clearing item, while Wit’s End has always been the traditionally stronger option for Attack Speed / On-hit builds.

I have a problem with this.

While I completely agree with you that Ionic Spark is an utterly inferior item...I, and a lot of others, wanted this item to be viable because it's F_U_N.

I was hoping you'd buff the item, or make the lightning damage scale with something, or give it a late game, or make the lightning proc out of ability damage just like the Lightning Shrine in Dominion.

Not outright remove it. Why couldn't it have been an Armoured version of Wit's End? Where instead of providing flat MR and bonus MR per hit, Ionic Spark could provide flat Armour and bonus Armour per hit? Why not give it an upgrade path to make it have some relevant late game teamfight presence?

You completely removed an item that's agreed to be incredibly weak on most champions...but it was also such a fun item. Will you be making an item similarly as fun as Ionic Spark in the future?("Statick Shiv"?) It's so sad to see it go.

Also, why's it good on Gangplank? Because it works with Parrley?

PS - what about Avarice Blade? Can that item either be replaced with something else or changed to give something other than Critical Strike? I consider that to be the most awkward gp5 of the game.

Felaedor

11-09-2012

Ionic Spark removal is somewhat of an annoyance to Shyvana players who loved the multitarget multiproc (to the point that she synergizes with the item better than either Shen or Gangplank via her passive Armor/MR and how they encourage building HP). It was a better onhit item for Q damage than even Wit's End if you hit 2 enemies, and completely blew it out of the water at 4+.

Reworking Tiamat makes this ok if you don't just have the splash directed at minions only.

JuiceBandit

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orconem View Post
Are you going to be doing anything to the other Elixirs to make up for the loss of Elixir of Agility? Or are they going to stay roughly the same?

Also the removal of Heart of Gold seems like a huge hit to supports who are already struggling to get any form of income and items, I assume there will be replacement items/upgrades to make sure they have more options other than buying a Lucky Pick instead.
You forget that they are bringing new SUPPORT items into the game. Just be patient and you'll see that they will make up for it. (:

murlocmancer

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyesonic View Post
What other gold per 10 item will be added, if I'm correct after HoG gets removed there will only be 2 (philo and kages)?
Sword of Avarice. Forever fogotten

Rockpops

11-09-2012

What about Locket and Randuins now that HoG is gone?

Auspexa

11-09-2012

Just remove all gold items when you're on it.

Gold items = passive play.

TheHatPerson

11-09-2012

wait wait wait support nerfs?

does any supports like the crit from avarice blade

DirgeTheWitch

11-09-2012

HoG being removed sounds really bad for supports, regardless of what the other gp/5's build into mid/late game.

Jack Haruka

11-09-2012

For a second I misread Shiv as Shock and both loved and hated whoever named it. Mostly because I really miss that show. ;_;