Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OJ191

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
MY HoG FOR MY SUPPORTS. How do i get health now...
More importantly what the hell are you supposed to build for GP10.

Avarice blade is useless, Kage's builds into nothing supports usually want while delaying defensive items leaving you even more prone to instagib from that taric graves combo.

Oh well I'm sure glad I don't main supports.

Rumble The Hero

11-09-2012

Any news on GA or warmogs?

Lord Gwyn

11-09-2012

Heart of Gold removed.

Indirectly, but successfully nerfed all tanky/support chars. Well done.

Dragull2

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
MY HoG FOR MY SUPPORTS. How do i get health now...
You are not suppose to, man. Don't you remember Sona's nerf, base health reduced.
Support are suppose to die.
That's how they make the game less passive, by alloying the AD carries to get easy kills on the enemy's support.

nvmvoidrays

11-09-2012

is there going to be another health gp10 item added?

the extra 250 health from heart of gold was awesome for supports.

chumbler

11-09-2012

^^^^ Did you literally not even read why it's being removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Heart of Gold – Removed
YES. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Quote:
Heart of Gold is a deeply conflicted item. Gold over Time items are designed to be a tradeoff of early game power versus reliable scaling further on in the game. However, Heart of Gold is a Health item, a statistic that is primarily dominant early game rather than late game. It helps create a lot to passivity, but worst of all it contributes to passive snowballing. While the intent of the item was to help out gold-starved characters that were traditionally weak, there are much better ways to solve this than an item that also makes their direct competitors stronger.

Alternative: The other Gold per 10 items

We don’t want to see an item in the game that lets you passively win your lane and close off options for your opponent. The other 3 Gold per 10 items have all been upgraded with either much more flexible build paths in terms of what they can build into or additional ways to generate real and imagined incomes. From Gold per 10 upgrades that let you keep the Gold per 10 when fully upgraded to alternate gold gain passives, the other 3 Gold per 10 items have become much more flexible in their final builds.

-Xypherous
****. Xypherous, I believed in you. Why are you doing this? This is the worst idea you could possibly have. Gp10 is a blight and needs to be completely eradicated. Making them build into more things is going to murder item diversity.

GaryFrackinOak

11-09-2012

Can we please keep Ionic Spark on Proving Grounds at least? My friend and I love building it on random champions and staring in awe at the sparks.

Also, Sona now with no HoG...Riot do you really want me to have to stack HP runes to the ceiling just to have the same HP as a cannon minion? >_>

Free Gray Screen

11-09-2012

ouch, I constantly build FoN. This is gonna hurt.

A moment of silence please.

Chess435

11-09-2012

Awww...... Ionic Spark may have not been that useful, but it was a fun item. I will miss it.

DuckyFriend

11-09-2012

r.i.p HoG
reminds me of sword of the divine removal