Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XtremeApocalypse

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
It's hard to sum up since it can vary so much based on jungler type and performance.

Most internal game end results have shown that strong farm junglers (especially when factoring in successful ganks and lane sharing/covering) can keep up in gold with the lanes and often end up with experience levels slightly between the solo lanes and the duo lane.
Hi, second time asking this and I hope you didn't answer the first time because you missed it.

Will these changes push Master Yi into viability? Or will he still be pretty bad?

GhostZero

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luolang View Post
Hunter's Machete? Sounds like a Quelling Blade to me - is it basically along those lines?

Doesn't this get rid of the Superman leash? And make leashing in general more difficult?
It just means that a proper leash would no longer be pulling monsters, but attacking the monsters until they are low enough for the Jungler.

Brozan

11-09-2012

I think the thing that concerns me most is how this will effect the pressure put on a jungler by his own team. We already get yelled at for not being in every lane at once (one reason I quit jungling early s2 after doing it for all pre-and season 1) and we are very apt to fall behind. Right now a good ganker can effectively snowball 2 lanes and themselves to at least a level advantage (the clearing jungler may keep a gold advantage).

If the jungler if forced to pay an even heavier tax for failed ganks, I'm really afraid this is going to become a PVE game for the first 6 levels. And, your carry and AP aren't going to like that.

Also, I'm very afraid this is going to put an emphasis back on "burst" carries to facilitate what used to be the junglers role. I don't know if that is healthy or not, because I honestly miss the LB/Annies, but we'll see.

Yook

11-09-2012

Quote:
Jax is actually one of the champions I feel has possibly become overpowered with the changes.

He has strong clearing speeds (Counter Strike for AoE and Empower and his passive for single target) and decent resilience (Counter Strike dodging) in the jungle. His ganks are scary because of Leap + Counter Strike stun. He also scales monstrously with the increased gold for later game.

We're monitoring him very closely.
Jax overpowered? Who knew

plague102

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
It's hard to sum up since it can vary so much based on jungler type and performance.

Most internal game end results have shown that strong farm junglers (especially when factoring in successful ganks and lane sharing/covering) can keep up in gold with the lanes and often end up with experience levels slightly between the solo lanes and the duo lane.

This kind of scares me because it sounds like if I mess up a gank or the enemy escapes my gank I will be much further behind the other jungler who decided to just continuously farm the jungle.

Shadow Master

11-09-2012

Is there any chance you might make Hecarim's Q apply on-hit effects?

Not only will it make his Q less underwhelming in general, but it'd mean he can use it effectively to jungle with the Hunter's Machete, as opposed to now, where he has to literally waste his entire mana pool on his Q to rip through a single jungle camp.

Subspace Highway

11-09-2012

okay first of all, the entire rest of the team roles are specific to champions with certain attributes, so why change junglers? Jungling is a specific team role just like an AD carry is or a support champion is. You never made a patch making Karthus a more viable solo top or Orianna a better AD carry, or Sona a better mid-laner. Why are you so insistent on making the jungle roster longer? all this does is make it harder to jungle with champs who were actually meant to jungle, like Warwick or Evelynn or Shaco, whose only viability now is in his stealth. These were the original junglers, and they don't have any AoE, or in Eve's case, no reliable AoE to use in the jungle. These champs were dependent on early game ganking ability, and now that that's gone, these tailor-made junglers become less viable. Furthermore, leashing is now impossible or at the very least pointless with the new golem behavior. Not to mention that this new Hunter's Machete item now essentially guarantees every jungler will have Wriggle's Lantern, which, from my own observation, is the item that makes or breaks a jungler. And don't even think about raging against this comment if you've read this far because you clearly only live through forums, so go troll someone else. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

IrregularPipes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.
If Volibear is not made for the jungle can his fear be not just specific to minions?

Ghosis

11-09-2012

Does this hurt Mundo's clear times?

Cadagan

11-09-2012

If it's strong enough of a jungle, maybe we'll see two people roaming the jungle and 3 solo lanes