Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1184ce22e38441

11-09-2012

If you're going to change the jungle monsters to be stronger, then consider making it so that Fiddlesticks could have more health, because if not, he will not be able to take on the Golem once pulled, and he won't be able to jungle effectively.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
17 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
I beg of you, please make it so I can play jungle Volibear without having teammates rage at me. When I was new, one of the reasons I bought him because he was tagged as a Jungler, but the general consensus is that he is not a competitive jungler because his clear time is so low, and his form of sustain leaves him vulnerable in pvp fights for the next 2 minutes.

The increased gold gain sounds promising for him, but I don't know yet :x
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.

DreamDesire

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Does that mean leashing won't work now?

HPfunman

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladehawk256 View Post
Hey Statikk,

Not sure if this was asked before but if Hunterís Machete has no raw stats, in what section of the store would we buy it from? Consumables?
Or could there possible be another section be made for jungle items and other new items like the revision on Eleisa's Miracle and other unique items.
I would asume there would be a new section called jungle in the store

MrHarz

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Max E over W, the initial 2 damage reduction helps out a lot, and the ability still does amazing damage. Also your passive weakens camps because of MR reduction, distributing an AA or two around the camp should help. Already a great jungler, need to wait for changes
Wait wait wait, people actually max W first on Amumu? Or even second?

Primal Udyr

11-09-2012

Jungle AD Sion, viable now?

pro crastinat0r

11-09-2012

looks like the sad mummy is gonna be pretty weak after this change

PenguJr

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinating End View Post
Hawt.

Edit: Wtf, you cant smite Teemo yet? This is obviously the only way to improve the jungling experience.
LoLS! You should be able to do this!

M3TASH33P

11-09-2012

Jungle Leona viable?

Please make it so she can proc her own passive in the jungle....

Zerglinator

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.
How about Kha'Zix? I haven't been able to even clear decently with him, so I relegate him to top.