Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Assyrianlegend

11-09-2012

so.. statikk can kassidin jungle now?

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I really don't think this is going to be good for people who are low elo such as myself
People demand ganks constantly, and I don't see that changing any time soon
And because leashing is pretty much null, I'm guessing if you're a jungler with low sustain to begin with, you're not going to start with a buff. I guess that works into the whole "relieve early game pressure" thing.
While characters that have a good aoe/good sustain/good ganks are characterized as "the best", other junglers that had solid ganks but not good clear times are going to be wrecked
I mean, unless the new jungle items fix that problem but I'm kind of confused on how this opens up more junglers.

Also, will low sustain junglers fare here? What about Shyvana? She has awful ganks but the only thing going for her was her fast clear times and AOE

Fleija

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

im only commenting to see if i have anything cool under my name.

Abendschein

11-09-2012

Well, this is interesting. o.O

DArKWiNDNiNJa

11-09-2012

jungle invades will be devistating now, if they are late invades... with no leashing potential... there is little room to recover since a lane cant just pull red instead of blue and run back off to lane. this can severely hurt junglers if not done right. this also closes some paths like philo start junglers. it basically brings back wriggles junglers, which isnt a bad thing,,, but people shouldnt be forced to buy wriggles. it will be interesting to see...but i hope riot doesnt mess this up like they did with the beginning of their new jungle season too, and i hope they ACTUALLY TEST IT, this time around, before releasing it. gl to all out there in the jungle.

NepotisM

11-09-2012

Hi statikk, i have some concerns about the new jungle changes.
Mainly about nautilus, he has one of the weakest lvl 1-3 jungle in the whole champion pool.

His W shield is so weak early on, and so strong later.
I believe there could be some scaling going on with the duration of that, especially for lvl 1 to 3.
It would need to last a minimum amount of time for it to be any good first lvls.

Now that leashing is dead, kind of, i expect him to be so much weaker.
The W needs a persisting dmg that last a minimum amount of time even after the shield breaks.
In the current state, it takes less than 3 seconds for the shield to pop and ur dmg output reduced by 75%.

Titans wrath: Dot persists through shield corrosion for a maximum of 3seconds

Or, you could do something like

Titans wrath: Shield takes 25% decreased damage from neutral minions.

and maybe somewhat decrease the shield/dmg to champion to scale him for an easier early game, but not devastating late game.

Éidolon

11-09-2012

Nice! No more leashing, I like it that way. It seemed like a cheesy and cheap way to jungle.

Real Junglers shouldn't have to rely on leashing.

BACKSTABUUU

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drozzi View Post
It has no stats, only increases damage to jungle monsters.
I'm aware. What I'm asking is how well that translates over into what I assume is going to be a more defensive item when you build it up.

Kneon

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
[*]Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

so no leashing now to start? not sure if i like that...

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
15 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insípid View Post
Hey Statikk,

Not sure if you saw my RE: to this thread, but to sum it up really fast since this is almost like an AMA type of thread. How will hecarim fair in the new jungle as well as sustain lacking champs? Will jungle creeps give more health/mana to keep up with sustain/manaless junglers?
Hecarim actually has the type of damage needed to clear the jungle. What I've found is that he eats up a fairly ludicrous amount of mana trying to do it at a consistent pace.

Haven't really had time to do a full pass on his power level. He certainly has extremely deadly ganks, great team fight presence, and fairly good scaling with items. Considering those strengths, we'll see if we have to do some early game tweaks to make sure he stays viable.

Haven't made any changes to the health/mana runes on the big monsters at each camp, but that's certainly a lever we can pull if necessary.