Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirGregarious

11-09-2012

I'm curious. If increasing the over all damage to prevent early ganks is done, how will junglers like Kha'zix and Twitch be able to clear with their weak start due to lack of damage and durability?

Also, are there any special items in store that will aid in my marvelous jungle Annie? The nerf to DFG really hit jungle Annie hard, and her sustain in the jungle is very lacking due to the expensiveness of Revolver.

Major Nuisance13

11-09-2012

Poor pony I just started learning hecarim too.

NoVisionGG

11-09-2012

I'm interested in the new changes. However, i'm not sure how this will work out. This might help some jungler out but will it really help the gameplay? I'd really like to see what will happen. What about champion that rely on aoe damage to clear jungle with poor gank to work right now like hecarim whose gank aren't the best? So will this really help having more diversity in jungle? I'm not sure, it will help some and be negative for other. This seams to me like the exact opposite of the last jungle change with little changes to stop jungle abuse like mid lane always stealing wraith and such. Can't wait to see what will happen.

Born For PvM

11-09-2012

How's Nocturne in the new jungle? Hopefully the small camps die to umbra blades without requiring his Q or AD items.

Also does this mean junglers will have a larger impact on the later stages of the game rather then just getting lanes fed early and having those fed carries have the impact? I hope so cause I hate having so much less gold than the TOP/ADC/MID because they get so much more gold from their creeps than junglers get from their camps. Feels like I am another support.

JDREAPER

11-09-2012

so now u screwed up jungling by not allowing a leash((((((((((((((((((((((

FrostTech

11-09-2012

How about discuss patch timing and end of season 2

Okarin Kurisu

11-09-2012

Exciting news

Chamaquillo

11-09-2012

More Item Info Please. Thanks.

Edit: Ah, second time in this thread I've been missed being AboveRed by one spot. Unlucky timing...

1stAuditor

11-09-2012

sigh i kinda hate these changes.....

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
12 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCouch View Post
But is it going to cost 475 and leave no room open for health pots? It could totally be useless. Stats would be nice.
No it currently costs 300g meaning you can start with 5 Health Potions (numbers subject to change before release).

The Hunter's Machete actually has no raw stats but instead increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a % and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.

The item then branches off into 2 upgrade paths one being Madred's Razor and the other being a new item focused more towards non-autoattack based champions called the Spirit Stone.