Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thrones

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yes this does affect Dragon. We had to also slightly reduce his Attack Range in tandem so that he would be able to more easily pulled out of his den by the team engaging him. Not sure of the full repercussions yet but I guess we'll find out. =)
Yeeeeees damn it feels good to be an AD carry, now I don't have to wait for anyone else to start Dragon. HNGGGGGH.

MaTaRR

11-09-2012

would the lack of leash and increase in damage dealt by monsters hurt champs like elise for example? Leashing is key to some champs. Id like to think that more variety will be added, but some wont go away due to the changes

TheAnimator54

11-09-2012

I feel like here is just going to be to much farming in this season. this makes the lanes to safe people want to have action and the only way to have that is Season 2 is for the jungler to show his/her face but i feel like this will be reduced

Sty13z

11-09-2012

Where does Kha'Zix stand in this new jungle? I love him as a champ, in fact he's probably one of my favorites, but he doesn't seem to do well in either jungle or top lane due to squishiness and item dependance.

Phreak IRL

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhackedRak View Post
"Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent"

Does this only apply to champions or minions/pets as well?
Jungle Malz is now viable.

mananasmoothie

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Seeing as season two is changing the way the game is played, will players be given more refund tokens (or whatever they're called). I really cant see the point in owning hecarim with these changes in jungling and thats a serious waste if i cant get something back from that

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-09-2012
9 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcracka View Post
How will the AoE changes effect Maokai? considering all his abilities are AoE, (aside from W) will he clear times diminish greatly? hes easily my fav. as far as jungle...so...?

Thanks for this thread btw awesome info love it.
I've found Maokai to still be a strong choice, mainly because his Q provides him with a significant amount of sustained damage that not many people realize.

Let's be clear, it's not like AoE is now useless. It still allows him to effortlessly wipe out the small minions while focusing his efforts on the big one (something single target champions cannot do).

Out of all the jungler tanks, I still feel he is near the top and probably doesn't need any tweaks to stay competitive.

TweakJesus1

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yes this does affect Dragon. We had to also slightly reduce his Attack Range in tandem so that he would be able to more easily pulled out of his den by the team engaging him. Not sure of the full repercussions yet but I guess we'll find out. =)
Now can you tell us what the Machete does. Is it like the jungler teir Dorans?

GingerHawk

11-09-2012

Pretty much all of you are missing a basic concept here. Yes, leashing won't work the same, but that doesn't mean that 2 or 3 champs can't help you kill the blue/red buff enough to throw smite on it. You're going to take some extra damage that you're not used to taking, but the new items may help with that. They seem to want you to take armor and 5 pots instead of boots. Is that soooo bad?

The changes they are making will make teamwork even more important... in a team game. So either hang around and help out early game or refrain from yelling at your jungler in the mid game. Doesn't seem like too difficult of a concept to grasp.

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I feel like this is a good change to the jungle.

BUT, only if the jungle is as hard as it sounds.
If a gank pre 6 isnt realistic for most junglers, then people will be much more likely to play champions who are sustainy, and/or have a good R for ganking.

Having said that, im sure any increase in those areas will benefit the state of the game.
Good Job Statikk!