Reworked Item to Reduce Revive's Cooldown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I haven't played Dom with the new Eleisa's, but I'd be very hesitant to port it.
NOME SAVES THE DAY.

You shouldn't let Xypherous stay up so late... he starts to say funny things.

Phourc

11-08-2012

Well, he actually replied to my post but I don't think he got it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
As a dominion player, please remove the revive cooldown - It reminds me too much of priscillas where too many teammates would spend their first 1600g on regen on a map where regen really isn't very valuable because 'zomg it makes me cap faster'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
When I ran the math on this item for the typical Dominion match - It amounted to one extra Revive at the cost of 1100 gold - if you got it before the 7 minute mark.

Which means that if you don't get mileage out of the Heal / Regeneration passives from being a bot-laner, for example - This item would be highly discouraged. Essentially, the only character who would be able to pick this up and not suffer are Revive/Farm/Stall bot-laners - which is an acceptible niche, in my opinion.

Windmill or Roamers don't get much mileage out of regeneration and they definitely shouldn't pick this up before 7 minutes - otherwise they're giving up a huge amount of combat statistics. If you're picking this item up *after* 7 minutes - it doesn't matter. The 20% Revive passive won't actually give you any more revives due to how Revive's CD is calculated when you use it.

So - the only person you could probably "get away" with getting an extra revive on is bottom lane, which I think is actually kind of interesting from a strategic perspective as bot lane chara need more excuses to transition out after they've farmed the game.

naotasan

11-08-2012

Basically Xypherous doesn't know how Dominion works.

Nome you need to step in before he suggests changes. You're our savior!

Oh wait, he did.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

My Soraka shall DOMINATE with this! xD

VoidInsanity

11-09-2012

Buy it at start and you'd be able to get the item slot back by level 6. Take bot tower, port back, buy boots, return. If this item is added it'll become the new starting item on EVERY bot laner, but I hardly doubt seeing it used outside of that. Prospector/boots top lane is too important to start with.

What I am worried about is there being changes to the other items to reduce the cooldowns of other summoners. Reduced Exhaust cooldown item? Reduced Garrison cooldown item?

DiscworldDeath

11-09-2012

I think you're wrong Chronicle. You go bot with no extra hp, AP, AD, or anything. You're likely going to have to blow your revive in no time, only to have the same HP as someone who started Prospector/Ruby crystal, but they still have more offensive stats over you, and their revive.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I think you're wrong Chronicle. You go bot with no extra hp, AP, AD, or anything. You're likely going to have to blow your revive in no time, only to have the same HP as someone who started Prospector/Ruby crystal, but they still have more offensive stats over you, and their revive.
There are bot laners out there who just want to stall out the lane against hyper agressive champions, or just don't need much early game help. Gragas and Karthus can stall out the lane safely with the regen this item provides.

The item is interesting in that it is indeed niche, but is a trap most of the time.