"We can't just flip a switch and turn on ranked..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

...I believe this totally pertains to the thread.
The Chewbacca defense, eh?

kavi

11-08-2012

Quote:
Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

...I believe this totally pertains to the thread.
I think this man is absolutely right, and we should have ranked Dominion asap. Not for us, but for our wookies, and for our wookies' wookies. FIX THIS BROKEN SYSTEM NOW!!!

FOODFOOD

11-08-2012

BeefJerky wins.

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
In all fairness, they've been reworking TT since January.
In all fairness, they changed the map before the season ended and ranked is available for it despite it STILL BEING IN BETA.

Where's ranked dominion?

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
But, they can overhaul an entire map, add a trunk full of new items, put in new objectives with a gold buff, and AP/AD buff, a new jungle, and new boss...

...then just flip a switch and turn on ranked...for a map that's still technically in beta...

Yet it can't be done for Dominion...?

Am I missing something here?
Didn't you answer your own question?

Phourc

11-08-2012

had to post now that I'm home, the chewbacca defense had me giggling at work xP

FDru

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Didn't you answer your own question?
Have you seen the state of TT? They sure as hell weren't spending the last 8 months making it "balanced and competitive".

There's simply no excuse to have ranked TT at this time, at all. If they're going to show such blatant double standards, then I think we have the right to show blatant disappointment.

Redeemed In Fire

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Have you seen the state of TT? They sure as hell weren't spending the last 8 months making it "balanced and competitive".

There's simply no excuse to have ranked TT at this time, at all. If they're going to show such blatant double standards, then I think we have the right to show blatant disappointment.
Here's your excuse: it was already set up.

Seriously. It's not like they had to modify their matchmaking system for an actual substantially different gameplay, or do an unknown amount of work to set up the additional queue.

And weren't you one of the top complainers when draft died? Why do you want another queue which will either A: die itself and make it a waste of a bunch of dev time, or B: make both queues underpopulated, resulting in a difficult match in either.

FDru

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Here's your excuse: it was already set up.

Seriously. It's not like they had to modify their matchmaking system for an actual substantially different gameplay, or do an unknown amount of work to set up the additional queue.

And weren't you one of the top complainers when draft died? Why do you want another queue which will either A: die itself and make it a waste of a bunch of dev time, or B: make both queues underpopulated, resulting in a difficult match in either.
For all we've been told, ranked was ready for Dominion as well.

And don't misunderstand me, because I don't think Dominion needs or is ready for ranked.

Redeemed In Fire

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
For all we've been told, ranked was ready for Dominion as well.
Actually no, you and everyone else was explicitly told that Dominion ranked would need a bunch of work to set up.