No AMA about Darius-out of control

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShipmon View Post
Are you guys kidding that Darius is lacking movespeed? His passive grants him 5% more movespeed for every bleeding champ, and he has a slow on his w, not to mention if he just goes ahead and buys a phage.
I'm not sure I understand, are you agreeing with me? You quoted me and opened with outrage, but then all you did is re-iterate my points.

I don't think Darius is OMGWTF unanswerable. I just think he's a nasty repeat of 2011's biggest mistakes all rolled into one ugly package.
I'm aware that most of the strong AP champions in the Treeline answer him relatively well. Doesn't make him any less of an extremely dominant force on a map that's struggling for approval from it's community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarvan Krislov

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skared View Post
darius just isnt out of control

hes really easy to shutdown in lane with lee sin, renekton, kayle*, shen, nidalee and garen among a few others.
Except for the fact that you can't shut down darius ever, because of his ultimate. I will never forget the ranked game where I was 5-0 against a Darius in lane by 17 minutes, with twice the cs (I was Xin Zhao, mind you). At around 19 minutes there was a fight over dragon. Darius gets a triple kill with his ultimate, and then promptly carries his team to a 32-minute victory, finishing 13-7, and this was an AWFUL Darius. The rest of my team hadn't fed, we finished the game ahead by 8 kills (despite losing), because in subsequent team fights, Darius just got kill after kill. In the final fight, around Baron, he got a Quadra-kill.

Darius will always be able to do massive amounts of damage in any teamfight because of his ultimate (and passive), and is able to do so by building tanky. This, coupled with the fact that his ultimate is the only cooldown-refreshing ability in the game that can't be countered by building Armor or MR, is what makes Darius overpowered, and is what detracts from the fun of this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattypay View Post
yes I'm mad. This is unbelievable how impossible he is. Yes cho gath. Yes even high hp armor builds dont stop his insane dot magic damage. Yes my god riot do something.
I'd just like to say that his bleed accounts for less than 20% of his damage output, and this is from the damage tally which may or may not be taking into account true damage.

In general, I feel that Darius doesn't need nerfs so much as he needs a dropping of his skill floor. You can absolutely suck with Darius and unless the enemy picked Ezreal, Singed, and Blitz, you'll go even. Some champ has to be the best duelist, Darius was designed to be so, but he should need to actually build some damage to have a decent ult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Trololo View Post
Darius will always be able to do massive amounts of damage in any teamfight because of his ultimate (and passive), and is able to do so by building tanky. This, coupled with the fact that his ultimate is the only cooldown-refreshing ability in the game that can't be countered by building Armor or MR, is what makes Darius overpowered, and is what detracts from the fun of this game.
Could I live with no CD refresh on ult? Possibly. However, it means his teamfight contribution just plummeted because all he can do is pull a few people and maybe pick off one guy if he's lucky. He has gaping flaws and unless other significant changes are made (ones I'm not sure I'd be in favor of), he'd be relegated to being a melee version of Nidalee. A wannabe lane bully who can't actually work well against half a dozen characters and doesn't provide any utility or much damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grombolar

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Trololo View Post
Except for the fact that you can't shut down darius ever, because of his ultimate. I will never forget the ranked game where I was 5-0 against a Darius in lane by 17 minutes, with twice the cs (I was Xin Zhao, mind you). At around 19 minutes there was a fight over dragon. Darius gets a triple kill with his ultimate, and then promptly carries his team to a 32-minute victory, finishing 13-7, and this was an AWFUL Darius. The rest of my team hadn't fed, we finished the game ahead by 8 kills (despite losing), because in subsequent team fights, Darius just got kill after kill. In the final fight, around Baron, he got a Quadra-kill.

Darius will always be able to do massive amounts of damage in any teamfight because of his ultimate (and passive), and is able to do so by building tanky. This, coupled with the fact that his ultimate is the only cooldown-refreshing ability in the game that can't be countered by building Armor or MR, is what makes Darius overpowered, and is what detracts from the fun of this game.
When Darius starting ulting was the enemy team as low in HP as you guys were? I think in a lot of cases where people cry "OMG Darius got a multi-kill, rawg OP!!" they are usually all low enough in HP or damage that they would have lost the fight anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MG z3rg3m3ow

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're testing out "stalling" mechanics for 1.72.


I honestly have not had issues with Teemo on the map. Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Lantern will counter his mushrooms.
Having gotten a few teams to diamond in 3v3, I ban Teemo every game because I feel he is overpowered overall.

Not just the mushrooms, but his damage, mobility, split pushing, and blind.

I am currently getting my main account to diamond in 3v3. Record of 9 wins 1 loss. Check by tomorrow and I will have diamond.

Just saying this to establish credibility. I think Teemo is extremely problematic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

singed has a better winrate on the new tt though
http://lolmatches.com/championstats/1.0.0.150/N3
too low sample though but still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Trololo View Post
Except for the fact that you can't shut down darius ever, because of his ultimate. I will never forget the ranked game where I was 5-0 against a Darius in lane by 17 minutes, with twice the cs (I was Xin Zhao, mind you). At around 19 minutes there was a fight over dragon. Darius gets a triple kill with his ultimate, and then promptly carries his team to a 32-minute victory, finishing 13-7, and this was an AWFUL Darius. The rest of my team hadn't fed, we finished the game ahead by 8 kills (despite losing), because in subsequent team fights, Darius just got kill after kill. In the final fight, around Baron, he got a Quadra-kill.

Darius will always be able to do massive amounts of damage in any teamfight because of his ultimate (and passive), and is able to do so by building tanky. This, coupled with the fact that his ultimate is the only cooldown-refreshing ability in the game that can't be countered by building Armor or MR, is what makes Darius overpowered, and is what detracts from the fun of this game.
it rather looks like that it wasn't darius who carried his team despite his kill score. somebody took most of your team health (while you couldn't do the same) and darius just mopped


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gi3bnvd

Senior Member

11-08-2012

zilean
problem solved.
can kite darius, bombs out-range pull, zilean's ult cancels darius ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WithoutQuestion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattypay View Post
P.S. if you try to out play a darius and say zhonya hourglass his ult during animation it will not take the cooldown on his ult and he can just use after hourglass is over. If you try to dash away during his ult animation and successfully land 20+ft away his ult will trigger the damage and do 35%+ of your hp in true damage. There is no escaping the ult it is unstoppable and can be used 3 times a fight even if he only gets the assist (aka q+r you at 100% his teamate finshes u he does that to your partners).
To be fair you can use Quicksilver Sash's Active to remove his bleed effect reducing the damage on his ult dramatically.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mattypay

Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutQuestion View Post
To be fair you can use Quicksilver Sash's Active to remove his bleed effect reducing the damage on his ult dramatically.
The point is he takes TOO much to counter as I said in the first post, that is why he is broken. You need to be a freakin battle tank with absurd hp armor health magic resist and damage be able to take darius on. You basically need every stat in the game which is why he is overpowered. And even if you can take HIM he is still such a threat that it gives his other 2 teamates an advantage by having god on their team.

Play any platinum ranked+ game in 3v3 and I GARENtee you he will be banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We're going to be trying a few tweaks to altar mechanics (and maybe also speed shrines) to try to knock bruisers down a notch or two.

The Zhonya's thing is pretty interesting though. I'll ask around about that particular interaction.
I would like to point out this his ulti also resets if you stealth when he activates it.

It is extremely frustrating cause w/o prior experience with this fringe interaction, you have no idea if his ulti is on cd or not.