I just had a karma on my team go solo top vs Yorick and didn't buy boots.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steelflame

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainak View Post
I dont wanna be skeptical but I have to be given my knowledge of the game....

how do you karma, I mean she has a pretty low win percentage on lolking.... also Morello even recently confirmed she is getting a rework because she doesnt fit in the current meta apparently... or as well as the other supports (sona, janna, lulu, etc)

The very fact you compaired her to sona, janna, or lulu is the problem. She is NOT a support like traditional supports. She is a "I turn my bruiser into an unkillable machine, while getting to safely do ****tons of damage from a very long range" style of champ. She needs farm, and lots of it, though, to do this, as she is insanely ratio heavy, with very low utility on a whole.

The McSmashy

11-08-2012

Also, Karma's 'Rework' is like Shen's 'Rework'. Everything is being added to not, necessarily scrapped and remade

Asdioh

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainak View Post
also Morello even recently confirmed she is getting a rework because she doesnt fit in the current meta apparently...
haha where have you been? I've been anxiously awaiting this rework for 8+ months.

I think Karma is much more viable mid than top. She can win top, but honestly it requires her to be against an opponent that just doesn't know the champion well... which I guess is quite a large number of people. Problem is that her mana and cooldowns just don't cut it against the typical bruiser, so she is going to get smacked around for the most part. Not to mention she unintentionally pushes the lane and is extremely susceptible to ganks.

Mid lane, she can farm very safely against the average mid, and then once she gets items she, like others said, turns your tank/bruiser into a monster while dealing pretty good damage.

Mahoh

11-08-2012

Karma should always solo top.

saintbookman

11-08-2012

I'm skeptical, but only because Yorick is free this week. But as a disclaimer I don't know how good karma is solotop.

AlphariusRising

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
haha where have you been? I've been anxiously awaiting this rework for 8+ months.

I think Karma is much more viable mid than top. She can win top, but honestly it requires her to be against an opponent that just doesn't know the champion well... which I guess is quite a large number of people. Problem is that her mana and cooldowns just don't cut it against the typical bruiser, so she is going to get smacked around for the most part. Not to mention she unintentionally pushes the lane and is extremely susceptible to ganks.

Mid lane, she can farm very safely against the average mid, and then once she gets items she, like others said, turns your tank/bruiser into a monster while dealing pretty good damage.
Karma top relies on the other champion not having a gap closer. So Olaf, Singed, Darius, she can do very well against. Even Yorick, the terror of terrors, can do little against a Karma. Granted, unless they screw up, it's a farm lane. But Karma does amazing in farm lanes, since her real strength is dominating teamfights.

DawnRising

11-08-2012

Stop letting everyone know Karma is a good solo laner. Don't need any FotM Karma players.

Asdioh

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnRising View Post
Stop letting everyone know Karma is a good solo laner. Don't need any FotM Karma players.
it's not going to happen, except maybe after the rework. which is presumably going to be in season 3. which might be even more months. -_-