Remind me again

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-08-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Minor spoiler: Blade of the Ruined King and Wicked Hatchet are actually Season 3 items.
During development, we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta that completely destroyed the Bruiser meta (yes, it can be done!). However, we found that there was a lot of crossover between Tankbusta and the S3 items, so we scrapped Tankbusta and brought over the S3 items instead.

BotRK is definitely weaker than Tankbusta, but we'll separate them out again and give TT its own replacement if necessary. Also note that this was the plan when we were launching TT. I don't know if they're still going to be on SR as-is, if they're going to get changes, or if they're scrapped from the map altogether.

WonderBoy55

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Minor spoiler: Blade of the Ruined King and Wicked Hatchet are actually Season 3 items.
During development, we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta that completely destroyed the Bruiser meta (yes, it can be done!). However, we found that there was a lot of crossover between Takbusta and the S3 items, so we scrapped Tankbusta and brought over the S3 items instead.

BotRK is definitely weaker than Tankbusta, but we'll separate them out again and give TT its own replacement if necessary.
But... Swain...

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Quote:
During development, we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta that completely destroyed the Bruiser meta (yes, it can be done!). However, we found that there was a lot of crossover between Takbusta and the S3 items, so we scrapped Tankbusta and brought over the S3 items instead.

BotRK is definitely weaker than Tankbusta, but we'll separate them out again and give TT its own replacement if necessary.
Mind sharing what kind of item could destroy the bruiser meta? That's kind of a big deal and I want to know how it did it.

Vocust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Mind sharing what kind of item could destroy the bruiser meta? That's kind of a big deal and I want to know how it did it.
Does 6% of the opponents max health in true damage every aa

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredpipe View Post
Does 6% of the opponents max health in true damage every aa
No that's called broken.

HerbaNoctis

11-08-2012

Quote:
Health and resist shred?

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-08-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
It was basically a combination of Executioner's Calling and Madred's that dealt damage based on max health. It also healed you for half of that bonus damage.

HerbaNoctis

11-08-2012

Quote:
It was basically a combination of Executioner's Calling and Madred's that dealt damage based on max health. It also healed you for half of that bonus damage.
So Wicked Hatchet and BotRK combined basically?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Does this mean wicked hatchet and Blade of the Ruined King are coming over to SR? If so, are they exactly the same? For example, I'm guessing Blade of the Ruined King would replace MBR---that said, I dunno how 4% of current health (vs max health) would be all that useful--for the first couple of auto-attacks, sure, but a BT will quickly outpace it past that.

Manigliométro

11-08-2012

I always wonder what was wrong with EC that did WH happen.

123456 ... 8