Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klaki892

11-08-2012

Alright Riot. If the new TT is in beta. PUT IT IN THE FREAKING PBE. bring back the real one to the Real Servers

because ffs i am not touching that new one at all. 3v3 use to be my main play. but now i guess its left to 5v5.

P.S Removing wards from play, Great idea! (not.)

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

No matter how much Riot tells me, the new TT is better, I will never agree.
I, as well as everyone else who has played mostly TT over the last 2-3 years keep trying to convince Riot that their new TT is worse.
I thought the customer was always right?

Nikosaru

11-08-2012

doesnt want to split the focus? oh please... yknow a vast majority of us prefer the old TT to this one. youd make everyone happy if you just gave us both maps. then no one would be complaining

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Don't want to split the community?

Your community will always be split due to the nature of your game including 3 major maps. If you have no statisitical evidence that Proving Grounds has detracted from the regular map players, then I see no reason not to at least implement the old TT as a custom especially since the people who want to play the old map would never play the new TT anwway.

FrozenStream

11-08-2012

Wow, removing wards, seriously, O **** WE FORGOT THERE WAS SOMETHING CALLED A TEEMO, OPPS. Give me back my old TT, and put the new one in as a NEW map. Its not all that hard. Anyone who doesn't wanna play the old TT can play the new one. Why would you remove a map from play? Personally dislike the new TT. ALOT.

Lady Liadrin

11-08-2012

Even if I like the new TT, I can be objective enough to tell you that it's nothing like the old TT; and I don't mean that in a nice way, since you're still suffering from massive problems just LIKE the old TT. Unbalanced gameplay, bruiser comps, and plenty of other things the LoL community here (AND on Reddit) told you.

But just like with DV Diana, you'll tout and preach that you're listening to the community while blatantly ignoring it. The simplest of all answers would be to simply offer it in as a custom game mode... but you won't. You make excuses, but anyone with a little thought knows better. Don't want to divide the community? Support competitive play? Even if we ignore that you should support both play styles and fanbases, everyone knows better. Custom games won't damage competitive play, won't divide the player base. Give the community what it wants- and then everyone wins.

But hey, still waiting for DV Diana to be fixed. Sure listening well, ain'cha?

darkinvader1

11-08-2012

so u plan on ignoring all the player input that people gave? thanks a lot new tt not my thing and i won't ever play it again where i did love the old one

Necronizer

11-08-2012

For the sake of decency, I shall abstain from all inflammatory words I would like to share with you Volibar. It seems there are quite a few contradictions with your goals in releasing the new map.
-Turtling? You can't ever stop that without horribly changing wall structures, which in the new map, has failed. If people want to troll and do that, they will anyway. Some champs unable to balance? Yes? Who made them? People who realize some champs are broken and play them anyway either a) need a win b) trolling with a weird build c)love the broken-ness or d)don't care that everyone now regards them as a less skilled player.
-Meta was pretty stale? Well my friend the new map is going to be ruled by Bruisers, and it seems you already know (and are ok with) that... The old map made any champ viable if you had enough strategy and skill.
-Wanted high pace gameplay? WHY? YOU GUYS RELEASED DOMINION ALREADY! Old Twisted Treeline had an enjoyable timespan that still encompassed the laning phase. That was a window for outplaying, catching up or holding your ground. THAT'S GONE NOW.
-Didn't Feel the Way You Wanted Twisted Treeline to present? Does a parent alter the brain of their child if he/she doesn't present the parents the way they wanted it too? (Hint the answer is NO. If you said yes, please contact an authority that can help.) The point is the child sets his/her own identity. Twisted Treeline had already created it's identity, and you completely remade it. WHY?
-Didn't want to split the focus of players for each gametype? THEN WHY IS THERE EVEN A SECOND MAP FOR CLASSIC? Think about that. Both are labeled classic. Both have the same objective. (Hint Hint SPLITTING FOCUS) Oh, and that was just for CUSTOM GAMES. People fighting bots or friends are really so detrimental to the seemingly alive focus of the players? I'm sorry but you really need to give better explanations because all this has stirred a massive ruckus.

Too bad I can't quit League of Legends. I've put too much support to just walk away, so the best I can hope for is you listen to the people giving you a job at Riot. (AKA THE PLAYERS)

Teeeeheeee

11-08-2012

Misread

Quote:
"...we have a team of really smart folks working on it."
as

Quote:
"...we have a team of really small folks working on it."
and was all like go elves, go!

BlackFireSoul

11-08-2012

I mean come on the new people may like it but those who have been playing League over the past few years hate it. Don't get me wrong it is a great design and it is very faced paced but everyone liked the old TT because it was the mode where we could chill and have fun and where we learned how to do everything. I have been playing League since 2010 and i can guarantee you that at least 70% of the people who played the new TT all said "where the hell is the old TT" There should be at least two different 3v3 maps so everyone can be happy. I mean have you not seen the negative votes people get for the "I love the new TT map" or how many people comment saying how they dont want it to be replaced?