Item Preview Tons of Mana, just one Tear

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brendon96

11-08-2012

What if somebody with a channel like Anivia just sits in nexus for a bit of time with ult up to charge mana? She'll never oom and will just build up stacks really quickly...

ProfDrDeath

11-08-2012

Did a bit of math:
Assuming you mana do spend mana every 3 seconds, it would take the following times to fully stack:

New Tear:
750 mana / 4 mana = 187,5
187,5 * 3 seconds = 562,5 seconds = 9,375 minutes

New Archangels:
750 mana / 5 mana = 150
150 * 3 seconds = 450 seconds = 7,5 minutes

During this calculations, a new question arose for me: If you already stacked your Tear, does Archangel's instantly turn into Seraph's Embrace?

Anarchism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I don't agree with this at all. Putting another champion passive as an on use item, Ryze with this item is going to be insane. Even more so because late game he has no mana issues what so ever.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Xyph, do you see this potentially creating new subsets of existing champions? Ie: Tank Karthus who gets things like this item, frozen heart, banshee's, etc--ie: lower damage output than regular Karthus, but about 3-4 times harder to take down.

Side note: Tank Kassadin in Dominion is going to love these changes (less cost, thus slightly better early game and even more beyond godlike late-game).

I'm really excited to see what if anything you've done to Lich Bane.

Stevev45

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossob View Post
Hm...I was wondering what Morello meant with his comment:

And just to clarify, does this mean that for every second an ability is being channeled, it gains mana? Or does it only gain mana at the start of the channeled ability.

Ex: if I use Anivia ulti continuously for 5 seconds, do I gain 20 mana? Or just 5
you get 10, there is a 3 sec cool down.

Penguin Pwns

11-08-2012

i dont like how you lowered the mana regen on it. and lowered the flat mana. and maximum mana charge.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
So in all theory, it is POSSIBLE to have 2 fully stacked Seraph's Embraces, both providing +1000 mana? Obviously not optimal, just theorycrafting here.
Yes. Probably a better path to get a Manamune as the second item if you're going to get *two* tears.

Weirding ways

11-08-2012

It occurs to me that unlike current AA, the bonus mana on seraphs isn't unique.
So ryze can stack 5 of these for a 5000 mana bonus (you'd probably want a void staff too though).
Ending up with 6240 mana, and 487 ap (300 from item, 187 from the 3% of your mana = ap passive).
Also a shield protecting up to 1560 damage.
Daaaaaayum

2pudge1cup

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon96 View Post
What if somebody with a channel like Anivia just sits in nexus for a bit of time with ult up to charge mana? She'll never oom and will just build up stacks really quickly...
since it only takes mana once per second it would be an utter waste of time to just sit in base to farm ur tear when u should be farming creeps and getting gold.

NotBuzzJack

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
The tooltip doesn't currently mention it - but anything that used to charge tears will still charged tears. 'Whenever you cast a spell or spend mana' is the actual full trigger.
There aren't any weird bugs like it giving mana to Riven are there? I heard that happened when she was released.