@new TT fans- Riot's policy on balance in TT

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Journeyboy

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Let me start off by saying that this not a post trying to persuade readers to view a certain champion or champions as broken or balanced. Personally I don't care.

What this is trying to say is in light of the many "x" champion is OP threads that have been popping up recently, this is to help newer TT fans know how riot addresses balance in TT .

To date Riot has never made a champion balance change to balance TT.

History shows us that through the old Tryn Era. For those of you who don't know, Tyrn used to be the "Darius" of TT. Never was he nerfed to changed this. It wasn't until Tryn jungle became the ultimate pub stomping tool in SR, did Riot knock him down a peg. And conveniently, for players looking for a quick win, that was around the time Darius came out.

Presently, Riot's Nome has addressed the Darius OP threads saying that they will look at tweaking the altars, nothing mentioned about tweaking Darius himself.

In conclusion, you have 2 options for champion balance in TT.

1) Become an expert at countering whatever champion you hate facing.

2) Find a way to exploit the Champion on SR, and spread the tactic so that it draws the attention of the live team.

Peace be with you and may you bring balance to the force.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-08-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We currently don't have a really good framework to addess per-map champion balancing. There's a lot of design organizational talks behind-the-scenes to figure out how best to do this sort of stuff. It won't happen overnight, but we do know that some champs are horribly unbalanced on certain maps, and we're not OK with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purgex

Senior Member

11-08-2012

The last time they balanced someone because he was slaughtering 3's, he was nerfed to near uselessness in 5's.
I'm looking at you, Mundo from two years ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJANGO UNCHAINED

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We currently don't have a really good framework to addess per-map champion balancing. There's a lot of design organizational talks behind-the-scenes to figure out how best to do this sort of stuff. It won't happen overnight, but we do know that some champs are horribly unbalanced on certain maps, and we're not OK with it.
When Kassadin's Riftwalk was changed to give him lower base damage, but a higher AP ratio, that was champion balance in regards to Dominion.

Because every knew that Manatank Kassadin on Dominion was broken.

It was a buff for SR Kassadin, but a nerf for Dominion Kassadin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-08-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drėd View Post
When Kassadin's Riftwalk was changed to give him lower base damage, but a higher AP ratio, that was champion balance in regards to Dominion.

Because every knew that Manatank Kassadin on Dominion was broken.

It was a buff for SR Kassadin, but a nerf for Dominion Kassadin.
The Kassadin change was unique because it involved a character that was overpowered on Dominion and fine/underpowered on SR. The change hit him appropriately in both areas, but this is sort of a unique case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
The Kassadin change was unique because it involved a character that was overpowered on Dominion and fine/underpowered on SR. The change hit him appropriately in both areas, but this is sort of a unique case.
Sadly, it largely did nothing to him---he's still #2 Pick/ban in Dominion =x


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We currently don't have a really good framework to addess per-map champion balancing. There's a lot of design organizational talks behind-the-scenes to figure out how best to do this sort of stuff. It won't happen overnight, but we do know that some champs are horribly unbalanced on certain maps, and we're not OK with it.
In the past, Riot's stance has been that they do not balance around other maps, only SR (I assume this is because SR was the competative map). Two questions around this specifically:

1. Does this mean Riot has changed positoin on balance for other maps extending beyond items and map adjustments?

2. Does this mean there will be a push by Riot to make TT competative in the MLG scene?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TempNam325rwe5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Actually the same problem occurs in Dominion. Dominion players were wanting a Jayce nerf from release.... Urgot and Yorick were the same way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

who wasnt asking for a jayce nerf? his 100% ban in the silver/gold elos should of been a clue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
who wasnt asking for a jayce nerf? his 100% ban in the silver/gold elos should of been a clue
Jayce is STILL too strong.
If you ask me, his E should have ben changed to current health instead of just removing the base damage. It'd force Jayce players to either lead with it or use it to disengage.


12