Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink Bunnny

11-08-2012

Hey Xypherous, look what I found: it's your twin thread on the server who must not be named!
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=501278

Find the difference.
Let me help you a little:

Zeunchainn

11-08-2012

I hope you didn't removed Nashor tooth I use it.

bskifton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_07_S3_Itemization_Preview/Xypherous_Top_of_Post.jpg[/aws3]

Last Thoughts

We hope that this change helps create a smoother scaling curve for many of our AD casters without causing them to utterly dominate and kill everyone. While these changes allow them to ignore armor much more effectively, the characters in question will be making heavy tradeoffs by simply not dealing as much raw damage as they could have with a B.F. Sword build against soft targets. Additionally, these iterations of The Brutalizer and The Black Cleaver allow our more spell-focused ranged carries like Corki or Graves to have a viable alternative to Last Whisper that will give them great utility if they find themselves on a team with lot of physical damage characters.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

-Xypherous

BC has been one of my favorite items for a long time. So hear me out here.

My thoughts:

Black Cleaver
- 55 attack damage
- 10 ArP (Maybe 10% ArP if you're really stubborn about making this thing hybrid)
- 10% Cooldown (because it builds from Brut now)
- 10 flat ArP per stack, 4 possible stacks, procs on things like buckshot, etc etc

Keep BC as the health-stacking tank killer it should be.

Last Whisper
- Same as before. :P

Keep this item as the Armor-Stacking tank killer it should be.

As an AD Carry, it's my job to build items that counter (or attempt to counter) what the enemy is doing. After the rework these items are too similar, and BC is the obvious choice (because it gives it's benefit to the whole team and makes LW look like a ninny item). Again, just my thoughts...I don't think the flat ArP should be taken away from BC, because there's already an armor reduction % item....last whisper.

If you want to find a way to make both of those items build from Brutalizer, maybe that could work, I dunno.

That reminds me....what about Youmuu's Ghostblade? I'm aware of the active and such...is there anything you're going to do there? Does it still build from Brutalizer? Is it going to become some kind of option-pick above/below black cleaver? What if someone needs/wants to build both?

Can we change Youmuu's to be viable to the same champions, yet have the ability to be chosen or not chosen over BC based upon what the enemy is building? Something needs to happen there.

Thanks for reading! I think the changes to BC are interesting, but I see some issues there (especially having it build from Brutalizer and become a Brut/LW Hybrid).

Help me out here! Live long and prosper. Feel free to contact me to clarify. Not that it's my business all that much. :P

Lighthouse Rob

11-08-2012

How are you anticipating this will stack with Olaf? I honestly have no idea how well the current Black Cleaver/Brutalizer work with him.

Labcown

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Bunnny View Post
Hey Xypherous, look what I found: it's your twin thread on the server who must not be named!
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=501278

Find the difference.
Let me help you a little:
Riot is based in NA, so of course the majority of their posts will be in the NA forums. Also, by now, everyone pretty much should know that most of their posts will be here, so if they want to see actual Red posts, they should take a peek here.

However, I think in the future when they upgrade these forums (It's in heavy need of it!) they should just merge the various forums by language and just put where each summoner is from, therefore EU and NA would share a forum per say, but still see where each other is coming from.

Gahlo

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse Rob View Post
How are you anticipating this will stack with Olaf? I honestly have no idea how well the current Black Cleaver/Brutalizer work with him.
Only his axe and auto attacks do physical damage.

MaxAltair

11-08-2012

Since i tried the black cleaver i found it was so good AD item to start with
Provides 30% Atack Speed
Provides +55 Attack damage
And its Effect that reduces enemies armor by 15 when hit so i make minions to have negative armor! so that means faster killingsince the dmage becomes increased. I loved it!
But now...

1) no more atack speed from Black Cleaver? Gonna miss it
2) Why 10 less atack damage? Its not a big difference, but dont get sense.

3) And Since the armor it reduces is a % not a discrete number (used to be 15) now will be impossible to get negative armor... will miss it too.
Anyways the percent will work better on a high armored enemies so thats the unique highligted improvement that i see.

Pink Bunnny

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labcown View Post
Riot is based in NA, so of course the majority of their posts will be in the NA forums.
Majority? I didn't see one answer to any question in that thread. Not even one.

Quote:
Also, by now, everyone pretty much should know that most of their posts will be here, so if they want to see actual Red posts, they should take a peek here.
People want their own questions answered. Not everyone has a user here.

Quote:
However, I think in the future when they upgrade these forums (It's in heavy need of it!) they should just merge the various forums by language and just put where each summoner is from, therefore EU and NA would share a forum per say, but still see where each other is coming from.
I sure hope so, but I don't think it will happen.

Sonnenkollektor

11-08-2012

How do you see these changes effecting the jungle?

Roush

11-08-2012

Anything being done with Stinger? It goes into nashors tooth and thats it... Its a decent item and I have been waiting for more options on this item for a long time, since beta if I do remember correctly