Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laserzsuck

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed
I agree with that. If you could flash while silenced it would be ridiculously strong and would become "mandatory" again.

turnintoadragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
It didn't in early Beta. But, if I remember correctly, we made the change because of balance issues, particuarly with Flash. It is one of those situations where balance doesnt quite jive with the lore, but I dont think we thought it was that big of a deal.

This is just what I remember though, it was a while ago so my memory might be a bit flawed
With all the flash nerfs, do you think it may be possible to just test changing it back?

ZedZix

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmyidea View Post
I always thought that when we summoned our 'champion' we embodied that champion....
This actually makes sense and leads me to think that OP is whining.. xD

I can see either case though.

Rule of thumb: Don't get silenced!

stegalt

11-08-2012

I thought the same thing before, I just assume that the power behind a 'silence' doesn't stop you(the summoner) from casting the spell, but it stops the spell from effecting your champion in some ways.

Dark├žast

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameryn Kyre View Post
We control them with an orb of energy that conducts a mental link to the champion. Logically, a stun or snare shouldn't allow us to move them, however since summoner spells are cast by us, a silence shouldn't prevent us from casting the spell and our champion isn't impeded from movement... so flash logically should work.

However, why does ignite hurt brand? Why don't Annie/Brand/Ignite do double damage to Anivia?

AND WHY THE **** DO RANGED AD CARRIES STACK SWORDS?!
No the real question is how the **** does cass wear boots?

Krimson62

11-08-2012

I always looked at silence as a "null-magic" spell. Not necessarily as a "no sound" spell.

Since many champs say nothing as spells are cast

ClatoVerataNicto

11-08-2012

I want to know why silence stops me from drinking potions. I usually never talk while I'm drinking.

roboticaust

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:

So why is it we can't even do something as simple as use pots then either? I can understand limiting items like dfg during a silence but pots? Absolutely silly!

Thunderfrog

11-08-2012

Take Silent Spell at lvl 2.

???

Profit.

Thunderfrog

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticaust View Post
So why is it we can't even do something as simple as use pots then either? I can understand limiting items like dfg during a silence but pots? Absolutely silly!

Why drink the potion if you can't smack your lips, wipe your face, and say "Aaaaaah!" afterwards?