Playing since beta, still don't understand

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PK Brainfreeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Why silence makes summoner spells unavailable. All these years it's never made sense to me. Imagine we are summoners and we tell our champions where to go and can manipulate combat using our summoner spells. If our champion gets silenced, obviously it makes sense that our champion can't use their abilities, but I don't see the logic in not letting us influence the combat by using OUR spells, as WE aren't the ones getting silenced. Thoughts?

The most probable cause I can think of is it's a coding issue and would be a hassle to separate the two.

Samurai Jack

11-08-2012

I always thought that when we summoned our 'champion' we embodied that champion....

Tigrian

11-08-2012

Yeah, i actually never understood this either. It makes no sense from a lore/game standpoint why i, as a summoner, can't use my spells on who i'm controlling. I imagine it's just a balance thing. For instance, flash becomes even more of a get out of jail free card.

advancedAI

11-08-2012

Why should they? It's a silence. They're not supposed to be able to use anything.

I would pretty pissed if I silenced someone then they flashed out of the gank.

Zulgaines

11-08-2012

Well see, the champion has to be like "SUMMONER HELP ME OH GOD THEY'RE GANKING ME, USE FLASH" and the champion cannot.

Yes, I think Sona should be immune to it.

JustDeckeredBoys

11-08-2012

in like every game since the beginning of time "silence" has prevented you from casting "spells"

PK Brainfreeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmyidea View Post
I always thought that when we summoned our 'champion' we embodied that champion....
While this would rationalize my qualm, In the trailer for the video it seems that is not that case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMnCv_lPxI Starting at 0:18

Cameryn Kyre

11-08-2012

We control them with an orb of energy that conducts a mental link to the champion. Logically, a stun or snare shouldn't allow us to move them, however since summoner spells are cast by us, a silence shouldn't prevent us from casting the spell and our champion isn't impeded from movement... so flash logically should work.

However, why does ignite hurt brand? Why don't Annie/Brand/Ignite do double damage to Anivia?

AND WHY THE **** DO RANGED AD CARRIES STACK SWORDS?!

Voidgolem

11-08-2012

I'm more curious as to how being unable to cast spells prevent me from using potions.

KiStorm

11-08-2012

If they practiced their magicka, they could cast without needing to say a word.

Dem noobs.

12345 ... 7