Rengar needs a little buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProRushian

11-07-2012

the nerf was a little too much
I had been fed one game and im using an assassin build (very squishy)
had to kill this Xin zhao but hes also fed
Im 1 level higher so did my 3 skills then falshed away ulted then w8ed for the full fero q
but sadly he was still alive ended up killing me

Dont you think the original 130% q is ok ?
from 150 -> 100% thats too much :S
rengar is an assassin
the cooldown nerfs are ok since it will be hard to make triple kills

Vencu

11-07-2012

he's fine as is, also looking over your matches i don't see one where you are rengar and playing against a xin zhao

if you are talking about your most recent game, where you were double BT + IE + ghostblade + necklace + cd boots maybe you thought olaf was xinzhao, in that case olaf had zerk greaves warmogs, frozen mallet, thornmail, aegis, and sunfire. so lots and LOTS of health and a lot of armor. so obviously you wouldn't win that fight

Resolute Riven

11-07-2012

Agreed. Got to buff his roar and hed be better.

asamu

11-07-2012

Correction: Rengar needs a rework. His passive is currently a broken mechanic and will not be able to be balanced without significant changes.
Solution A: Nerf the damage/effects of all of rengar's abilities. Reduce CDs to compensate. Reduce the bonus from max ferocity.

Solution B: reduce the number of ferocity stacks to 2 or 3, and significantly reduce the effects from abilities with the ferocity bonus.

Effects: Increased sustained damage and a stronger late game, but lower burst damage with a weaker early game.

Dmillz89

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
Correction: Rengar needs a rework. His passive is currently a broken mechanic and will not be able to be balanced without significant changes.
Solution A: Nerf the damage/effects of all of rengar's abilities. Reduce CDs to compensate. Reduce the bonus from max ferocity.

Solution B: reduce the number of ferocity stacks to 2 or 3, and significantly reduce the effects from abilities with the ferocity bonus.

Effects: Increased sustained damage and a stronger late game, but lower burst damage with a weaker early game.
Or just leave him how he is because he is actually pretty decent.

ProRushian

11-08-2012

I remember that match and it is not on my match history now

IonDragonX

11-08-2012

Rengar needs some of those nerfs retracted, really. His Q has now been nerfed twice, his W twice, his R twice, his item nerfed once and his health regen once. This is not including the nerfs to his item before he got out of BPE. That is a huge amount of nerfs.
I'd suggest putting half of his health regen back, half of his R duration back and the +10 back on his item. Alternatively, make his item cheaper (475).

GuyWonder

11-08-2012

@IonDragonX

I find it hard to argue for buffs for Rengar on the forums as people seem to have a lack of what the champion actually does. I agree with you don't get me wrong, what I'm trying to say is we're arguing with people who think Rengar's innate gives him bonus attack damage each time he jumps, we're arguing with people who think Rengar has no fade timer on his stealth. People just lack knowledge of Rengar and thus assume everything is as they see it happen in a game without any real research.

Lait1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I wish bone tooth necklace was cheaper...

Cretinok

11-08-2012

I think his abilities are in a good spot right now, but he could probably use a little more base armor.