@Xypherous - I think we need the new/changes item list now....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UODK

11-07-2012

I feel like this is very important...

Usually we get patch notes a day(or 2 at the most) before containing the specifics of a patch. That said, usually the impact and change severity is minute compared to a game altering patch of this magnitude.

A lot of theory-craft goes into the templates that people use and as the next patch is going to severely change many important mechanics, introduce a slew of new items and alter the stats on several old items I feel like the people need more than 1 or 2 days to take in these major changes and allow the community the time to review the changes and conceptualize strategies for the new items builds.

In addition, as there will be a lot of new items, can we have the item codes for these new items posted in the official patch notes??? Lots of players use the "recommended items" to store their preferred item template, and now that those templates are going to dramatically change, and likely include these new items, it would be nice if those ID's can be posted so that the wiki article can be updated. This will save lots of summoners a lot of grief of trying each and every code and restarting their clients 100's of times to find these manually.

tl;dr: with so many new items we need more than the standard 1 day to see the new/changing items so we can be prepared when the patch hits with our new item build strategies.

UODK

11-08-2012

Ok so this morning I see about 5-15 mins ago you posted(so I know your here!!) and you posted stats changes on Eleisa's Miracle.

Can you please respond to the feasibility of my post?? Even if you cant do it in this post, can you comment of if it can be done sooner rather than later??

Zerglinator

11-08-2012

The patch with S3 changes isn't for a while. The next patch ends S2 and goes into the PRESEASON.

Felaedor

11-08-2012

That's what they're attempting to do by essentially releasing 1 item per day.

The issue is that it doesn't really give a good picture of how all items of a given "genre" will balance out until we actually have all items in that genre.

Just seeing the new BC is counterproductive if we can't also see the whole ArP tree.

Bladeviper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
The patch with S3 changes isn't for a while. The next patch ends S2 and goes into the PRESEASON.
this, why do you assume that the next patch is the one with all the new items. the next patch is only giving out the s2 rewards and putting zed and some skins in the game. chill out and what for the new items a bit down the road

Renegade Talon

11-08-2012

At this point I would be surprised if they didnt have this information available. I personally want to see what's in store because I don't actually believe they will solve the AD castor problem. The black cleaver preview was disappointing and well I feel a lot more of this "well this doesnt actually help since i burst" argument coming up.

Steelgrip

11-08-2012

What patch are you referring to that we got the patch notes 1-2 days in advance? I've been playing for almost three years now and I can never remember getting patch notes earlier than the night before .

UODK

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeviper View Post
this, why do you assume that the next patch is the one with all the new items. the next patch is only giving out the s2 rewards and putting zed and some skins in the game. chill out and what for the new items a bit down the road

I am ok if this patch is a month or 2 off... but the problem is that the less time we have between the patch notes for new items and the patch release itself, the harder it is on players to come up with new builds and have good game play.

It's going to be frustrating enough for people to be sitting at the vendor for 5 mins every recall to look at stats on new items because they are un-educated on the new items and the changes to old ones.

The list obviously doesn't have to be final.. but a sticky at the top that has a running list of the current items they are testing on the PBE or ARE going to be testing on the PBE..

Whats the downside of giving a month(or two) heads up on the new items and item changes??? It's only going to allow people to adapt faster and not have as many frustrating games by people trying bad builds. This will still happen, but the more time we have to see these new items, the less bad games that a lot of people will have due to the new items.

UODK

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgrip View Post
What patch are you referring to that we got the patch notes 1-2 days in advance? I've been playing for almost three years now and I can never remember getting patch notes earlier than the night before .
I was being generous.. even 1-2 days before wouldn't be sufficient time for players to analyze all these new items, all the item changes, new mechanics in items and how well they synergy.. and then make efficient item builds... on 1-2 days notice(or even the night before).

Theirs already a list.. they have these items already.. what's the down side to letting us pre-view them?

Bladeviper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UODK View Post
I am ok if this patch is a month or 2 off... but the problem is that the less time we have between the patch notes for new items and the patch release itself, the harder it is on players to come up with new builds and have good game play.

It's going to be frustrating enough for people to be sitting at the vendor for 5 mins every recall to look at stats on new items because they are un-educated on the new items and the changes to old ones.

The list obviously doesn't have to be final.. but a sticky at the top that has a running list of the current items they are testing on the PBE or ARE going to be testing on the PBE..

Whats the downside of giving a month(or two) heads up on the new items and item changes??? It's only going to allow people to adapt faster and not have as many frustrating games by people trying bad builds. This will still happen, but the more time we have to see these new items, the less bad games that a lot of people will have due to the new items.
which is why they will most likely lay out a list of the new items and changes to items when they get closer to release. They are, as of right now, still being worked on and tested, asking for a list RIGHT now is kinda unreasonable because everything is subject to change heavily at this point in time.

edit: you say that the list of items is ready to go, but you bring up the post he made about eleisa's miracle and in that first post it still says its in testing, how does that make the item ready for showing to the masses of the game i ask you