Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

APictureofagoose

11-08-2012

The new [Treeline] map is AWESOME guys! I don't know what everyone is so against!!! I could see how you would hate it if you lose every time so let me tell you the new STRATEGIES.

1. ONLY PLAY BRUISERS (only 15/88 champs viable now)
-Better get used to playing and seeing the champs!
2. LEARN TO STOP HAVING FUN (Altars... Go get them!! Why? Cause standing in 1 place is fun!)
-Forget the burdens of laning 1v1, figuring out someone's play styles and adapting counter strategies because this is definitely not what a strategy game is about.
3. NEVER FARM, ONLY GANK (Last hitting is dumb and hard)
-Run back and forth, speed buff to bot, speed buff to top, repeat until you have 10 kills.
4.LEARN TO NOT CARE (Impending ganks keep you in constant panic and theres nothing you can do to defend yourself if you fall behind.)
- Lose the first team fight and spend the next 25 minutes slowly being grinded down! FUN
5. PRACTICE ON DOMINION (Because 100% of the community loves Dominion)
-They also love having a map completely changed 3 weeks before the season's end and being forced to play it.

I've played this map about 20 times and the curve of learning matches the rate of enjoyment. At first it's terrible because you don't know whats going on but then it gets slightly better when you figure out what I've listen above. However, it becomes terrible again because every team will do the same thing, every single time, every single game. Play bruisers and only team fight. For some reason having a team fight every minute kind of makes team fighting less enjoyable.

ZestyWonderbeast

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbox123 View Post
minions op!
Completely agree with this, if the lane gets pushed for just a little bit, the lane length makes it so that the side pushing has a huge amount of minions. Because of this if you die in lane and a teammate doesnt clean up, it is extreemly dangerous when you come back to lane because the sheer amount of enemy minions pushing to your tower and destroying you and your minions. I feel that they should make it so the waves are smaller, like 2 ranged 2 mele, and every 4th wave have 3 mele creeps. this would make the creeps build up a lot more slowly and make returning to lane after death much more safe.

cowpotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

stfu guys. riot doesn't care about what we say. stop wasting your own time

Knub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

This remake makes me so sad. I love the idea of a remake but I just don't find this new map fun. It completely takes away from the gameplay that the old map provided. In original Twisted Treeline, you were actually able to farm like in Summoner's Rift. That's what I liked about it. It was still the same game but with a smaller team size.

Now, you barely get to farm because it's just constant team fights like in Dominion.

Lazreal

11-08-2012

you could take heed to my previous post, or just don't play the new map because its just not what you want but FFS stop crying.

AtomBomb209

11-08-2012

Very bad feedback I do not like this

Evangelene

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazreal View Post
you could take heed to my previous post, or just don't play the new map because its just not what you want but FFS stop crying.
People would cry non stop if they changed summoners rift like this, so why should it be any different for TT players - are they expected to sit back as the map that they played is changed into a different map entirely? Because im pretty sure the SR players wouldn't do that.
FFS L2P

Teague Wan

11-08-2012

competitive play WON'T grow on TT

Lazreal

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelene View Post
People would cry non stop if they changed summoners rift like this, so why should it be any different for TT players - are they expected to sit back as the map that they played is changed into a different map entirely? Because im pretty sure the SR players wouldn't do that.
FFS L2P
Ive played old and new TT i missed the old one at first ofcourse.... but the new one is so much better once you get the hang of it. I don't play with pubs just my ranked team though so maybe I'm not seeing the uncordinated noob fest known as Blind PICK,

About the Whole Bruiser meta it works, but skills can defeat that. Done well with Anivia and Orianna vs a couple bruser teams heres a tip BUY FROZEN HEART on your AP carries.

And they are about to change alot of SR soon here, I won't see the crying cuz i will be to busy adapting to all the new tools and playful jungle : )

Knub

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazreal View Post
but the new one is so much better once you get the hang of it
Implying that opinions of this map are not subjective and are, in fact, based on your skill on it. The new map has completely different gameplay than the original in the same sense that Dominion is completely different from Summoner's Rift. We never asked for the gameplay to be changed. I don't care as much about the map layout being changed as I do about the fact that playing it feels completely different than the original. All you do is fight, that's it.