Riot featuring a known ELO BOOSTER? Really Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

He plays with a Rioter so he probably gets special privileges. It's actually funny that a Rioter is on a boosting team ._.

Killrazor

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhTx3 View Post
He plays with a Rioter so he probably gets special privileges. It's actually funny that a Rioter is on a boosting team ._.
he plays with vesh... so funny, Riot giving props to boosting, yet they also say it is bad... HAHA

Esmer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGougou View Post
I just want to say those high elo players are sad, they need to get laid, boosting people in lol are thier only income irl, since most of them plays league 24/7 non stop which is similar just like the no life asian gold farmers did to wow.
Such bs. Don't speak if you don't know the actual situation.

M O R B I Dx

11-07-2012

lmao, no way they did not know this prior.

edit: scroll down to red post, turns out I was right...in a way.

Soul Charge

11-07-2012

Is he mad? I think he's mad.

Vesh

Game Designer

11-07-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Heya guys.

Hopefully I can clear some stuff up here since I handled this case personally long before Sam was considered for featured streamer.

There was a summoner who at the time was known as xwinterr (who has been permabanned, by the way). This person compromised the accounts of a couple members of Gucci and is a known scammer and fraudulent user. During the time that these posts were made, there is a registered email and password change on their accounts that come from the same IP (which is the IP address of xwinterr). Both Sam and BabeeQ have had to submit tickets in the past to get their accounts recovered from this. Xwinterr used this (mostly) fake elo boosting service to steal other accounts which she then sold online illegally. I saw mostly because she was actually a fairly highly rated 3s player herself and engaged in elo boosting on her main as well.

I've personally had to assist in recovering a number of accounts from people that were scammed by her. While she "boosted" accounts that were asking for gold (fairly easy to do as a good player), she stole most of the accounts of the people trying for higher tiers.

I've spent a lot of time talking with and playing with Sam over the last month. Sam does not participate in any Elo boosting and these threads are 100% fraudulent and match up to xwinterr's other summonernames and usernames. The times that their accounts were compromised are in line with the dates that these forum threads were created. You'll notice that up until we realized the scope of this scammer (her other accounts, stolen accounts, etc) she was still bumping the thread with comments such as "that 1 negative feedback was sadly from a scammer, so no worries, we have already boosted over 15+ accounts and have hired new professional players so were ready to boost at any time just drop us a msg."

The gucciboosting skype account also belongs to her and is 100% a scam.

Please know that I seriously took a lot of time examining all of the information and cross-checking the various data to make sure that Sam wasn't involved in boosting. If you watch his stream you will see that this guy has a ton of character and is not someone who engages in illicit online activity.

Sam is an awesome guy and a great player, and I really hope you guys believe me when I say that this is definitively the work of a scammer who I had to deal with over a month ago and is not the type of behaviour we would ever allow for a featured streamer.

Jenshus

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
They also did not take any action towards Hafu. The thread about it got taken down and the OP got banned.

You might get banned for this too. You should just keep quiet or else riot will ban hammer you,
I asked Hafu about this on her stream just now (politely), and one of her fan boy mods instantly banned me and deleted my question. Kind of suspicious.

BaBeeQ

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Heya guys.

Hopefully I can clear some stuff up here since I handled this case personally long before Sam was considered for featured streamer.

There was a summoner who at the time was known as xwinterr (who has been permabanned, by the way). This person compromised the accounts of a couple members of Gucci and is a known scammer and fraudulent user. During the time that these posts were made, there is a registered email and password change on their accounts that come from the same IP (which is the IP address of xwinterr). Both Sam and BabeeQ have had to submit tickets in the past to get their accounts recovered from this. Xwinterr used this (mostly) fake elo boosting service to steal other accounts which she then sold online illegally. I saw mostly because she was actually a fairly highly rated 3s player herself and engaged in elo boosting on her main as well.

I've personally had to assist in recovering a number of accounts from people that were scammed by her. While she "boosted" accounts that were asking for gold (fairly easy to do as a good player), she stole most of the accounts of the people trying for higher tiers.

I've spent a lot of time talking with and playing with Sam over the last month. Sam does not participate in any Elo boosting and these threads are 100% fraudulent and match up to xwinterr's other summonernames and usernames. The times that their accounts were compromised are in line with the dates that these forum threads were created. You'll notice that up until we realized the scope of this scammer (her other accounts, stolen accounts, etc) she was still bumping the thread with comments such as "that 1 negative feedback was sadly from a scammer, so no worries, we have already boosted over 15+ accounts and have hired new professional players so were ready to boost at any time just drop us a msg."

Please know that I seriously took a lot of time examining all of the information and cross-checking the various data to make sure that Sam wasn't involved in boosting. If you watch his stream you will see that this guy has a ton of character and is not someone who engages in illicit online activity.

Sam is an awesome guy and a great player, and I really hope you guys believe me when I say that this is definitively the work of a scammer who I had to deal with over a month ago and is not the type of behaviour we would ever allow for a featured streamer.
Finally the truth comes out...

God Bless 408

Susskind

11-07-2012

Reds bring truth!

Axiom

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Heya guys.

Glad to have this cleared up! Thanks for the prompt response/explanation. Can we get this thread closed?