@Morello--Devil/Demon Archetype?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

As in, is this something Riot would consider for an archetype in their IP? This has been requested off and on for a while, with several Rioters (including yourself) stating that the Demonic/Devil Commander archetype is under-represented and should be explored...but then there's other comments like "we could explore that, but it won't be your stereotypical red-skinned devil".

The question I have is, what's so wrong/bad about directly implementing a stereotypical fire and brimstone demon/devil archetype in LoL? I realize you guys like to LoLize a lot of stuff, but there's also quite a few champ archetypes that are direct---Warwick, Volibear, Vayne, Nasus, Yorick, Vlad, Karthus, and Kayle to name a few.

On that similar note you guys do dance around it a bit though (Gatekeeper Galio, Infernal Alistar, and Dark Crystal Ryze being prime examples), so why the mixed message?

Morello

Lead Designer

11-07-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

When talking to the guys developing the IP, we'd like to do something more unexpected with anything demonic we do. There's no issue aside from "you've seen that before" to fiery, red-skinned demonic champions.

For skins, we can take the liberty to do it because it's a skin - we can pretty much do anything we'd like there

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

How about an Annie skin where she's restrained to a bed and attacks with vomit and curses?

GiantEvilKitten

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
How about an Annie skin where she's restrained to a bed
Had me excited there for a second.

Epicn00b

11-07-2012

Quote:
How about an Annie skin where she's restrained to a bed and attacks with vomit and curses?
A wild Renekton Bot appeared!

Go! Random question!

When will chapter 11 be up?

Rishal

11-07-2012

Quote:
Kogmaw

Iron Solari

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
When talking to the guys developing the IP, we'd like to do something more unexpected with anything demonic we do. There's no issue aside from "you've seen that before" to fiery, red-skinned demonic champions.

For skins, we can take the liberty to do it because it's a skin - we can pretty much do anything we'd like there
Morello, i'm sure you have answered this before but what is the primary reason the skin team decided to not make "Teen Annie?" Which as we all know is a highly wanted skin by the more vocal aspect of the community

Shadow Master

11-07-2012

Varus is demonic. What more do you want?

Morello

Lead Designer

11-07-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantHam View Post
Morello, i'm sure you have answered this before but what is the primary reason the skin team decided to not make teen Annie? Which as we all know is a highly wanted skin by the more vocal aspect of the community
It's pretty offensive to enough people. It'd be like making a Stripper Leona skin - it would sell well, but be offensive to the character's fanbase in a lot of ways.

I'm also just not willing to go down the path of seeing possible sexualization of a little girl. Bridge too far.

Renekton Bot

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicn00b View Post
A wild Renekton Bot appeared!

Go! Random question!

When will chapter 11 be up?
As soon as I find me some time to sit down and see it done.

That might be awhile, though.

Hard times.

12345 ... 10