Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimmis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Black cleaver's CD reduction isn't unique passive?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
29 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
And what exactly possessed Riot to think this was a good idea? This didn't work the first time, since it made armor useless to even bother purchasing, and you already have champs that not only reduce flat armor, but also percentile armor. Why is this going to work the second time if it didn't work the first time?
Sure, I can hit this.

Armor Penetration Pre-Season 1 looked liked this:

1. You could start with 40+ armor penetration. (Recall, we nerfed flat armor penetration runes)
2. Last Whisper was overpowered. (+40% AS, +20 AD)
3. Green Elixir was overpowered (Gave roughly 50% more statistics.)

The problem with armor penetration in this setup was that flat armor penetration was the de-facto standard for your rune page as a carry, but Last Whisper was also the highest damage multiplier after your infinity edge, and Green Elixir could fill in for the critical strike.

This led to carry damage turning on at roughly 17 minutes with full armor penetration.

In today's world - look at the differences:

1. Green Elixir is weaker.
2. Flat armor penetration runes are weaker than before.
3. Last Whisper isn't triple multiplicative statistics, only double.

It's much harder to full-spec armor penetration *and* have all your other multiplicative statistics at once. Basically, we changed the armor penetration formula to hurt carries - but the actual problem with carries was the ease of their build up.

Biggus Fishus

11-07-2012

Question: If Jarvan buys the new Black Cleaver and auto-attacks an enemy to proc his passive, does this apply two stacks of the BC armor shred or just one?

tanmani

11-07-2012

I was just wondering if something would be done for the haunting guise as was done for chalice. That would be really helpful as right now haunting guise in late game is pretty horrible.

Firrox

11-07-2012

% penetration actually becomes good now?! OMG.

Desastrado

11-07-2012

Can you guys give the amount of item that are being added, the ones that are being reworked and the ones getting removed? Just numbers would do it fine.

There is this really big discussion but it was mostly only about a single item.
There isn't going to be more items that are being made for AD Caster? It feels like the BC change is the only item going for AD Casters.

IcyHotsauce

11-07-2012

Alright.. I've seen enough about penetration, and BC.. and it looks lovely and all.. but I play support, Xypherous.. Please give me a teaser about these new support items that were mentioned.

ALLIIAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Ok, just as a question, how does this effect Urgot?
I mean, does his E dot and his Q apply the BC proc, even thought his q doesn't apply on hits?

Edit
What I meant is, will this allow Urgot to scale better into early game?

Biggus Fishus

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIAN View Post
I mean, does his E dot and his Q apply the BC proc, even thought his q doesn't apply on hits?
Xyph has basically already answered this. The proc applies on ALL physical damage, including dots. So, yes, Urgot's E and Q would both apply the armor shred effect.

Rule 34

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIAN View Post
All sources of physical damage proc the effect. Using the example Xyph mentioned awhile ago, Garen's spin to win procs the effect 6 times, since it hits 6 times.