Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mechanikatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I have a very interesting question for you, Xypherious. Malzahar's Minions (generated by his passive) do physical damage. Technically they are physical ability damage from Malzahar, so will they turn into crazy armor-shredding machines if Malzahar gets a Black Cleaver? Or is there some strange rule in effect because they are separate entities and the damage does't directly come from Malzahar?

Along the same line: what happens with Elise's Spiderlings?

Baron Nashor TEH

11-07-2012

any new items for manaless ap casters that rely on cdr? (ex. vlad, mundo, maybe morde)

LORD MALFESTOR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Revamped BC and new mechanics. Anything else? I feel this was pretty overhyped.

mambawarrior0

11-07-2012

Skarner misses old black cleaver, but the new one is amazing <3

Zaenos

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
On a high armored target, think about pre-applying some stacks via autoattacks before blowing your main damage spells. Pantheon's Spear Shot, for example, has something akin to a 4 second cooldown. If you're really up against a tank/bruiser with high armor / low health - suddenly that pre-fight harass becomes much more important to how your full-combo pans out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
However, it does give you an opportunity if you are skirmishing these types of heavy bruiser men. Getting multiple rakes/Kha'zix W's off in a pre-fight skirmish will greatly enhance your burst combo.
I've been perfecting a "missile boat Kha'Zix" playstyle utilizing a lot of such skirmishing, and this sounds wonderful for that. Though, Kha would need over 25% Cooldown Reduction to maintain stacks. Pantheon has only a 4 second cooldown on his poke, meaning this works fine on him. But Talon, even with 40% CDR, can never bring Rake's cooldown low enough for this to work.

Packyt92

11-07-2012

With the new wording on BC, what will happen if a physical attack or skill goes through but does no damage? For example, an instance such as Pantheon blocking a basic attack, or Morgana becoming immune to an all-physical spell?

mambawarrior0

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikatt View Post
I have a very interesting question for you, Xypherious. Malzahar's Minions (generated by his passive) do physical damage. Technically they are physical ability damage from Malzahar, so will they turn into crazy armor-shredding machines if Malzahar gets a Black Cleaver? Or is there some strange rule in effect because they are separate entities and the damage does't directly come from Malzahar?

Along the same line: what happens with Elise's Spiderlings?
It still caps at 5, I'm guessing, which is 25%.
Also, Malzahar's minions have always trigered black cleaver

Tony The Troll

11-07-2012

while talking about season 3 changes... could you possibly talk to whoever was responsible for ashes passive and give him a hearty slap from me?

as far as i know her passive is the ONLY skill in the entire game that is completely bogus in the late game or even mid game

i mean... sure in early game its nice to have but when you got a IE and a phantom dancer or two its completely useless...

having something like (im horrible at designing things but heres a few things off the top of my head:
1. if ashes target is affected by frost shot her basic attacks/abilities deal an extra derp% dmg
2. ashe has a slight chance to fire 2 arrows instead of one hitting the same target twice (like 12% or something)
3. if ashe is not attacked for X amount of seconds her next basic attack will deal X amount of bonus dmg
4. ashes basic attacks slows the targets attack speed by X% stacks X times
5. ashes abilities (exluding frost shot) lowers her cooldowns by X seconds
6. if ashe critcally hits an opponent a stack of frost shot will be applied
7. ashe has a slight chance when being attacked to become invisible for X amount of seconds (something like 0.2 seconds)
8.ashes arrows has a slight chance of shattering upon impact and dealing % of ashes attack damage as AOE dmg behind her intended target and/or applies frost shot

jesus christ just make her a entirely new passive... PLEASE....

Critmaster Garen

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenjix View Post
Nope:
i think that means, enemies cant somehow get damaged twice, when the the blades are expanding or converging.

for example when talon fires his ult, the blades spread out. if the enemy flashes (instant transportation) and he gets hit a second time by the blades, while they still spread out, he doesnt receive additional damage.

every single blade still does a portion of damage, as far as ive understood. thats why talon generally tries to expand and converge the blades on top of the enemy, so he maximizes the damage from the ult. so if you get hit by multiple blades, it would apply the bc passive more than once.

i might be completely wrong here though. let me read up on his ult again.

edit.:
Quote:
Talon disperses a ring of blades and gains stealth for up to 2.5 seconds, gaining 40% Movement Speed. When Talon emerges from stealth, the blades converge on his location. Every time a blade passes through an enemy, they receive 270 (+0) physical damage.
yup, firing his ult should work to apply multiple stacks at once.

BACKSTABUUU

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
I'm afraid, he won't. Lee Sin, Darius, Riven do more damage, have batter utility, are more tanky than Pantheon no matter what items you buy or how magic penetration will work.
They just have better spells and base stats, you can't balance that with global changes.
This new BC benefits Pantheon much more than the three you listed.