Creative Design AMA - Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acastius

11-07-2012

Not sure if you'll still be answering question on here - but I'm highly curious.

Is there a box that's the counter to Zed's? A box of light? If the Kinkou find themselves unable to defeat Zed (and return balance) would they consider revealing the teachings of this potential counter box to some new Ninja? (I'd guess they'd be AP, since Zed is all AD... Also, I'm guessing Akali might have had a peek at both boxes. )

Emperor Titus

11-07-2012

Hey Riot! Soo....

1) Does Zed realize that by joining the League, he is not allowed to kill Shen, Akali, nor Kennen outside of combat, even though they are mortal enemies?

2) It's vague with what happened with Zed and Shen's dad. One person says that the old Master of the Kinkou set the entire thing up so that he can fulfill the balance like Shen. Did the Master intend it to happen to further bring balance?

3) Because of Zed's lore, you said that the Kinkou ninjas' lores will be revamped. Is Kennen is still going to be the same energetic pranking hyperactive yordle like the current lore has? (Cause he's my favorite champion)

Deychundei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Heres the thing that didnt quite make sense to me.

From Shen's Bio

"As his final trial to ascend to this position, he was made to attend the Takanu, a ceremony in which his father was tortured before his eyes to test his resolve"

Now as Zed and Shens master was Shens father.

Then from Zeds bio

"Moments later, the assembled ninjas heard Zed cry out in pain. Mysteriously, he emerged unscathed, and threw the severed head of the master at Shen's feet."

So why was the master tortured infront of Shen if he is the master of the order... doesnt make sense.

And you know that in the box was the dragon scroll... which is why Tai Lung killed Master Oogway!

LJMazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deychundei View Post

From Shen's Bio

"As his final trial to ascend to this position, he was made to attend the Takanu, a ceremony in which his father was tortured before his eyes to test his resolve"

Then from Zeds bio

"Moments later, the assembled ninjas heard Zed cry out in pain. Mysteriously, he emerged unscathed, and threw the severed head of the master at Shen's feet."

So why was the master tortured infront of Shen if he is the master of the order... doesnt make sense.

And you know that in the box was the dragon scroll... which is why Tai Lung killed Master Oogway!
Read through the other questions, other ninja's bio's have to be updated, mainly Shen's. It's incorrect, will be remade. C'mon, this question was asked like 7 times. Give the guy a break and read through the thread.

-LJ

Flayne

11-07-2012

wow, best designers ama, only approx 35 questions were answered in a time period of 6 hours out of 24 hours stated. Even syndras had more answers though not by much.

What about the rest of the unique questions?

Elfons

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deychundei View Post

From Shen's Bio

Then from Zeds bio

Because Riot no more care of previous lore, and that's horrible.

25Min2Surrender

11-07-2012

Is it true you guys like Street Fighter and Zed is Akuma?

Exacerberus

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Akali and Kennen remain Zed's enemies, but we have some interesting ideas about Akali's connection to Zed in particular.

Food for thought: Akali's passive is "twin disciplines," her title "the Fist of Shadow" ... hmmmm. : )
Quote:
He may have had a "favorite student" at one point... but this particular student is no longer a part of his Order. :O
Quote:
Zed thinks Akali is a powerful ninja whose talent is wasted with the Kinkou.
I always suspected that Akali is more hot-headed that she looks like and tries to hold back her dark side.
That really sounds a nice lore development.

KiteMeGood

11-07-2012

Well she is the Fist of Shadow and maybe she was seen fit as the person to kill without mercy or compassion. Unlike Kennen who punishes on the guilt of others and Shen's Impartiality, Akali is the "ammoral" one of the three and thus had the most potential. Hell he may be the biological father of Akali before severing his ties to become a Kinkou Ninja as the Pruner of the Tree.

Gorram Platypus

11-07-2012

One question even though the AMA is probably over. Why is Zed's dance not some 80's style breakdancing? We probably missed our only chance for a champion to do that leg shake hop thing. The thing that the Wayans brothers do in the dance off in the movie White Chicks. I mean, yeah.