Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noxpeep

11-07-2012

Awesome new items and masteries and a new jungle thats all cool but really nerfing ignite and flash for bigger cooldowns thats so annoying there already long enough as it is Flash needs to stay the way it is you can nerf ignite fine but not flassh riot pls

DefineHP

11-07-2012

Sounds like you are all very busy!
I am quite excited to see where the game goes in season 3. Hoping nothing too op comes out very tough to balance things so that not everyone uses the same skill, item and so on.
Keen to see an upgrade in items for support, I think the role is a little underlooked. New support character is needed (:

MacEzy

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone12 View Post
flash cd raised again?!

edit : those down votesman...
If the distance doesn't get shortened I'm good.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-07-2012
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
Wait, who calls it that? O_o

I feel...dirty.

Anyway, the most stale thing I see about the current meta is 1+1+2+J and that the only viable duo-laner is a Support/0-CSer. But I believe you've already heard from me on that point. I don't think Summoner spells have much to do with it.
There are some variants that are popping up, though not sure on their long-term viability. Cait/Corki mid with 2x bruiser bot, for example.

My thought is that in most solo queue games, you should do a standard approach because it's easier to coordinate with random people that way. In 5's, I think experimentation is much more open (IE Froggen's Lee mid). There's a lot still out there!

OMG Whistler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeurOnyx View Post
>Competition
>Winning strategies

Whatever happened to playing a game for fun?
Competition, having a winning strat, playing with friends, winning the game...All of these things and much more MAKES this game fun.

If you remove the competition then Riot might as well give everyone trophies for trying rather than winning. See how pointless that is? Winners get trophies, losers get a reason to work harder.

Whistler

CommanderSpace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

By nerfing Flash you just rebuffed Graves, Corki and Ezreal inadvertently.

Kadromar

11-07-2012

With Barrier coming into rift. Is there any chance of getting HUD options to have floating numerical current health and percentage display? Calculating on the fly how much shield needs to be eaten from a Lee Sin, Janna and Barrier overlap is likely a tall order for most.

The way the game is continually becoming more mechanically complex means that more than ever we need clear uncluttered information.

Zaztheon

11-07-2012

S3 any Leona improvement ???

Crayceratops

11-07-2012

In all honesty I am really worried about the changes to flash. I've agreed with just about every nerf made to it so far but I fear one more nerf might diminish the viability of many champions. Flash is required to make up for a lot of champion's poor kits or lack of a gap closer. The range is so short and cooldown so long right now that nerfing it further would knock a lot of champions out of real viability. I get why you are making adjustments to it as it is picked so often but it negatively impacts certain champs far more than others. Champs with no gap closer or escape mechanic could greatly suffer while indirectly buffing those who are lucky enough to have it in their kits. How do you plan on addressing this potential major problem?

I know the end game goal is to have options for summoner spells that all seem interesting and viable but nerfing flash just to make it barely useful is a problem.

Soulkius

11-07-2012

I feel the nerfs to flash/ignite are unnecessary.
Ignite is fairly easily handled by keeping red potions on hand, I cannot count how many
times a health pot saved me from an ignite kill.
As for flash, it is something that's to be expected and prepared for, ganking and popping
someone's flash is as much of an achievement as actually succeeding at the gank.
The addition of barrier to summoner's rift is a bad idea. It is such a strong spell in proving
grounds, and would be even more so in summoner's rift.
Early mr and armor saving people being outplayed in laning, nerfing this would make being
counter picked even more insufferable and armor/mr pen runes even stronger. When it
comes down to it playing passive in a counterpicked lane is all you can do and this nerf
would make it even harder to do so.
I feel the best option in terms of changing the current summoner spells is not to nerf the
overused ones but to make it so the underused ones are more viable
The only summoner spell I want to see nerfed is exhaust because that is crippling
I also feel the possible changes to ganking aren't gonna be something I approve of because
a jungler only really makes a large impact if you don't ward. I feel the current position of
jungler and his role in the game is fine as it is for now.
As for the items reworks and mastery reworks I am excited to see those come out.