Aren't death timers a little too long?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuMasken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-04-2012

I'm mainly just posting this to throw more into the pool of feedback for Riot, but a few days ago I was playing TT with my friends. We had a teamfight that was relatively close around level 14 or so iirc.

The enemy Diana was the only survivor with around 100 hp. She then proceeded to take both bottom turrets, an inhibitor, and our altar before any of us even spawned to react. It blew my mind that death timers are so long that a single champion can accomplish so much before anyone can have the chance to fight back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Causing Panic

Senior Member

11-04-2012

imo they are too short. i find it hard to push after acing a team unless its like 20+ mins into the game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoyceForte

Junior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causing Panic View Post
imo they are too short. i find it hard to push after acing a team unless its like 20+ mins into the game
Agreed. Before the shadow isles patch, riot said they were trying to make TT shorter and so that you couldn't just turtle your base. Some turtling is still possibly and i like that, but the death timers in end game are so that teams that are ahead and winning, DO win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-06-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

There's nothing happening for 1.71, but I'll experiment with timers for 1.72.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nzo

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Increasing the timers will mean longer games.

Right now the timers are fine. Early game you can get away with some deaths without much punishment... as it should be or else we would get really passive lanes.

Mid game is fine.

Late game, one or two deaths on your team means the other team will punish you on map objectives... as it should be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
Increasing the timers will mean longer games.

Right now the timers are fine. Early game you can get away with some deaths without much punishment... as it should be or else we would get really passive lanes.

Mid game is fine.

Late game, one or two deaths on your team means the other team will punish you on map objectives... as it should be.
This

I <3 the death timers for the new TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joe42

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
There's nothing happening for 1.71, but I'll experiment with timers for 1.72.
can i be mod


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

1min timers are a little stupid.
I cant even count how many games where the enemy just turtled until they aced us and then pushed to win while we were dead.