Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slamor

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It is scary - that's my primary concern to start is making sure that this doesn't change League fundamentally, but instead improves it (people like League, don't wanna change that!)

A lot of the feedback we've received has been focused on lack of item variety, and our jungle analysis has pointed to a number of problems to fix and opportunities we can take to make more champs viable and make jungling strategies differ with options. This is why we're confident that this will make long-term improvements.

Balance will need to be watched closely, but that's the cost of entry for big changes - easily worth the cost, imo.
I am afraid with ignite being nerfed, heal and sustain champs will get buffed a lot. Surely all the soraka healing across the map and there being no ignite on the enemy can only create a great balance. The healing reduction is half the reason players chose ignite and is a necessity for those heal and sustain champs. Was the chain of events of ignite nerf to healing champs observed closely?

Skias

11-06-2012

Morello, You once mentioned Darius' Ult was going to be seeing changes to its functionality to make it less frustrating to lane against. Can you elaborate on this yet or if we might see it relatively soon? Thanks for all the hard work!

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

11-06-2012

Awee yeah, first major item shop revamp in 3 years. You guys needed to do this a lot sooner, frankly, but better late than never.

Fathootz

11-06-2012

nerfing flat ar and mr..

putting barrier in SR

gg logic.

and why nerf flash again?

how about we just make it a one time use ability?

TheUlf

11-06-2012

Hnnnnnnnnnng~!

I can't wait to see more!

Morello

Lead Designer

11-06-2012
4 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeteo View Post
Also, do you plan to do anything about top lane and how ridiculously snowbally it is? If you die early, you're done for the rest of the lane
There's some -really- under-the-hood stuff we're messing with here. Part of this is also address in the item premiums.

It's a problem we're chopping at, but I don't expect it to be fully fixed with this. We'll be in a better spot to improve this more, though. We definitely agree this is a problem.

Sinbu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Can you stop raising cooldowns on Flash and actually implement a good solution? Such as making it so you cannot use flash as an escape (if you were hit in the last 3 seconds, it won't let you flash)

Morello

Lead Designer

11-06-2012
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Could you tell us in more detail about that jungle analysis? I'm curious.
Statikk will more tomorrow

Boogity Boogins

11-06-2012

These are good changes. Will we ever see a new 5v5 map?

Morello

Lead Designer

11-06-2012
6 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarz View Post
Barrier does have a longer cooldown on SR, right?

I can't even begin to reel at how stupid it would be to add a 125~550 damage shield on a 125 second cooldown to SR. Karthus would weep, Assassins would scream in fury*, a Flash/Barrier and Flash/Heal** botlane would be nigh unkillable, etc.

*"But heal already does this!" Heal has counterplay in grevious wounds or ignite, Barrier does not.
**Assuming heal will now heal allies for more, as implied by it being a "support skill."
Yes, Barrier numbers are tweaked on SR a lot. Roku will speak to this in the next couple days.