Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

League of Moi

11-06-2012

Nerfing flash and ignite? Makes no sense.

Yousing

11-06-2012

How about remaking Heimerdinger?

Like Cinnamon

11-06-2012

Any word on UI updates pre season?

BelligerentGnu

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It is scary - that's my primary concern to start is making sure that this doesn't change League fundamentally, but instead improves it (people like League, don't wanna change that!)

A lot of the feedback we've received has been focused on lack of item variety, and our jungle analysis has pointed to a number of problems to fix and opportunities we can take to make more champs viable and make jungling strategies differ with options. This is why we're confident that this will make long-term improvements.

Balance will need to be watched closely, but that's the cost of entry for big changes - easily worth the cost, imo.
Could you tell us in more detail about that jungle analysis? I'm curious.

MrHarz

11-06-2012

Barrier does have a longer cooldown on SR, right?

I can't even begin to reel at how stupid it would be to add a 125~550 damage shield on a 125 second cooldown to SR. Karthus would weep, Assassins would scream in fury*, a Flash/Barrier and Flash/Heal** botlane would be nigh unkillable, etc.

*"But heal already does this!" Heal has counterplay in grevious wounds or ignite, Barrier does not.
**Assuming heal will now heal allies for more, as implied by it being a "support skill."

JohntheMage

11-06-2012

Barrier...I personally would rather this stay on the Proving Grounds...

MennaVirus

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiner View Post
"Early flat Magic Resistance and Armor prevent people from being killed even if they get really outplayed in lane" - cool...
..wait a minute...
We’ve added a certain shielding spell from Proving Grounds - erm...
|
My thoughts exactly

TiamatsArePro

11-06-2012

Karma and Heimer rework where?

Nidalee and Sivir remodel where?

Barrier in SR = you best be trolling.

Joshua40

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It is scary - that's my primary concern to start is making sure that this doesn't change League fundamentally, but instead improves it (people like League, don't wanna change that!)

A lot of the feedback we've received has been focused on lack of item variety, and our jungle analysis has pointed to a number of problems to fix and opportunities we can take to make more champs viable and make jungling strategies differ with options. This is why we're confident that this will make long-term improvements.

Balance will need to be watched closely, but that's the cost of entry for big changes - easily worth the cost, imo.
Yeah i'm sick of having buy magic resistant for my ap casters after the nerf to abyssal. I want another item like that gives me MR and more ap (Not Athen's Holy Grail). Sometimes for example, i'm on kat and there mid got fed but i don't want to buy an abyssal but do and it doesn't help me a whole lot.

ErblatTheOoklak

Recruiter

11-06-2012

So happy! Gj team keep it up!