Giving Quality Lessons!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RandyShuggs

11-06-2012

Hey im 2k. Can you help me get to 2.6k?

TofuShift

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyShuggs View Post
Hey im 2k. Can you help me get to 2.6k?
You mean do I give lessons to 2k+ players?

Yes I do, and more direct I do feel I'd have things you can take away from my lessons that would help you improve. Weather you get 2.6k or not would depend on how much you want it.

The amount of hours you'd have to put in (not just in our lessons) would depend on your attitude and willingness to learn.

Would love to hear more from you via email. TofuShift@hotmail.com

garrotedGargoyle

11-06-2012

I'm just going to throw this out there.

Attack moving is NOT orb walking.

Orb walking is using an orb ability from DotA, and using it as a targetted ability, instead of letting it be tied to your auto attacks. In DotA, spells do not draw creep aggro, but auto attacks do. Using your orb as a targetted spell, will let you auto attack enemies for harass without drawing creep aggro.

An orb is a special affect tied to your auto attacks. (Like Ashe's Q)

Think of it like this: Ashe clicking on her frost arrow, then clicking on an enemy champion would cause her to run up to the champion and perform a single frosted arrow auto attack, and the creeps would not acknowledge Ashe as auto attacking. (No, this does not work in LoL.)

That is orb walking. Orb walking does not exist in LoL because the game mechanics function differently. Orb walking is pretty much strictly for the laning phase. Where as attack moving is used at all stages of the game.

Attack moving is different. It is used to create mobility inside otherwise stationary auto attacks by walking inbetween the auto attacks downtime.

TofuShift

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nills View Post
I'm just going to throw this out there.

Attack moving is NOT orb walking.

Orb walking is using an orb ability from DotA, and using it as a targetted ability, instead of letting it be tied to your auto attacks. In DotA, spells do not draw creep aggro, but auto attacks do. Using your orb as a targetted spell, will let you auto attack enemies for harass without drawing creep aggro.

An orb is a special affect tied to your auto attacks. (Like Ashe's Q)

Think of it like this: Ashe clicking on her frost arrow, then clicking on an enemy champion would cause her to run up to the champion and perform a single frosted arrow auto attack, and the creeps would not acknowledge Ashe as auto attacking. (No, this does not work in LoL.)

That is orb walking. Orb walking does not exist in LoL because the game functions differently.

Attack moving is different. It is used to create mobility inside otherwise stationary auto attacks by walking inbetween the auto attacks downtime.
Hey, thanks. Yeah I just looked up and that is the literal definition. I never played the first DotA, and I'm pretty noob to DotA2, but I've been using the term Orb Walking for a-moving since I started moba's because that's just what I heard people call it.

Orb walking is still used to date by many people who consider it nothing more/less than the act of moving between spells/attacks to gain ground without losing DPS, probably because many people like myself doesn't know the roots of Orb Walking. I know now though, thanks!

L0git

11-07-2012

bump for the guy I hear on chus stream all the time.

TofuShift

11-07-2012

ty<3

Pomf Pomf Pomf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Bump for Shift

Soupnaz11

11-07-2012

BUMP! Since I'm such a niiice guy!

Sakyee

11-07-2012

Added you, would like to talk to you about it a bit in game =D

Sakyee

11-07-2012

bump for the awesomeness that is a team called tofu (mmmm tofu...)