thornmail, and why is really sucks

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drlordsir13

11-06-2012

Not sure if this has been brought up at all, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Thornmail is the bane of all ad champs, late game it is nearly impossible to counter an opponent with thorn mail without a gank. In five vs five, you can have a support and an ap caster help you and neutralize whoever has it. But, in three vs three, when you are expected to have to solo someone, at least for long enough for your teammates to get there, it is nearly impossible to do anything. I am mainly concerned with master yi and darius, but it really affects all ad champs. for an example, as master yi playing against garen, he built very tanky and eventually got thornmail. He wasn't fed or anything, but even without his abilities, just with basic attack he was able to kill me, due to the fact that thormail took more than three quarters of my health, as I was the main damage dealer for my team, eventually garen was able to solo my whole team and win the game, I think thornmail should be either weakened for three v three, or banned altogether, as any champ who gets it is instantly invincible to any ad champ, and as it's unlikely that two ap champs will be playing in 3v3, it will make it nearly impossible for a win against them

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

It's already being confirmed as being removed in 3s.

GMAING

11-06-2012

THIS^ and just get a bloodthirster

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAING View Post
THIS^ and just get a bloodthirster
all you need is a sanguine blade, zeke's herald a last whisper and you could have killed him without battling an eyelash

chaser676

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
all you need is a sanguine blade, zeke's herald a last whisper and you could have killed him without battling an eyelash
Yeah, all you need is 7k worth of items.

Besteality

11-06-2012

All you have to do is build some MR as Thornmail returns MAGIC damage. Heaven forbid an AD have to build anything defensive......

Phallicies

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besteality View Post
All you have to do is build some MR as Thornmail returns MAGIC damage. Heaven forbid an AD have to build anything defensive......
or get a maw, or both, either work

Hoizengerd

11-06-2012

i don't understand why people are whining about this item, Last Whisper and Vamp Scepter are built on all ADC...imo it shouldn't be removed

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-06-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
i don't understand why people are whining about this item, Last Whisper and Vamp Scepter are built on all ADC...imo it shouldn't be removed
It's being removed for a few reasons.
1. It scales with your opponent's strength, not your own.
2. The gold necessary to counter it (on 3's anyway) far outweighs the investment to buy it.
3. It doesn't introduce any gameplay.

Orbital Nuke

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's being removed for a few reasons.
1. It scales with your opponent's strength, not your own.
2. The gold necessary to counter it (on 3's anyway) far outweighs the investment to buy it.
3. It doesn't introduce any gameplay.
Yeah but but but...

That should be fine since every character isn't the same. Shouldn't AD have to build some defense? I mean if they have a tookit that allows them to pounce while yours doesn't, you are dead before you can really return fire.

I would love to see an item that reduced all damage you took for 3-6 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion before it wore off and then back up again after 20-30 seconds, kidn of like Malphs shield but a reduction duration instead of an absorb shield. (no reductions from anything but champions)

12345 ... 7