3,000 petition signatures later...

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Seriously Geek?
Yes, seriously.

Quote:
Aren't you the same guy that argued with me for months that the Tribunal was working like a charm? You know right before they made all the changes that I and a minority of others insisted was REQUIRED for the tribunal to become effective.
I argued against some of your points, agreed with others. I never thought the Tribunal was perfect and agreed it needed a lot of additions, and I'm glad it got them.

Quote:
And, it sounds like you played a few games of the old threes and moved on. Hardly someone to make a fair argument for or against.
Maybe I can't make a fair comparison between the two, but I was never really trying to do that. Comparatively there are not many TT players to SR players. There's a reason for that and Riot determined that it needed an overhaul. I can also see why they wouldn't want both maps in the fray. With such a small TT community, it would only segregate it further...which is also bad customer service.

(And am I remembering correctly that you were never punished by the Tribunal, and that you rarely used it to judge cases?)

Quote:
Finally, no one with a reasonable position here is asking for the removal of the old map. WE (numbering in the thousands) would like a choice which map we prefer to play on.
What do you consider reasonable? That sounds very subjective. Again, that choice would just further limit the players in each version...something that is bad for everyone.

Quote:
The sudden and brutal removal of a map that has entertained us for years is bad customer service even if it is or turns out to be good business.
Yes, it does feel like it was a very sudden removal and I do believe that Riot should have given more warning.

Quote:
Stop sounding like a RIOT fanboy and put your thinking cap on.
See, these are the statements that make it hard to take people like you seriously. If I don't disagree with everything Riot does, I'm a fanboy who doesn't think. If I don't agree 100% with you, I'm a fanboy who doesn't think. If I defend a product that I enjoy, I'm a fanboy who doesn't think. I guess with that same logic, I can call you an anti-Riot extremist.

It's a petty, childish, and ridiculous argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Geek,

AT this point you could call me an Anti Riot Extremist as you and anyone else would be if RIOT did the same thing to SR as they did to TT.

I call you a Riot Fanboy because you take whatever they say as the absolute truth.

Like for example how having both maps would split the community. They have 13 million players a day! In comparison. Pox Nora, which has 500, easily supports 5 maps.

It has nothing to do with splitting the community and everything to do with an agenda that RIOT has.

Once you realise that, then you can stop feeling like RIOT is your buddy. Really, RIOT is owned by a Chinese company that has nearly 700 million customers. It's about the bottom line. They don't want to bring in the Classic TT because of the cost to administrate it. That's it. The only way it will come back is if they feel it will cost them more to not have it.

If you enjoy the new map GREAT. Play it to your hearts content. But the vast majority of long time TTers don't like it. Even those that do like it, don't want the old one shelved. Consumer CHOICE is NEVER bad customer service. Whereas, selling skins and champions based on being able to take them into a game mode that has been around for years and then subsequently removing that mode is the WORST kind of customer service.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Geek,

AT this point you could call me an Anti Riot Extremist as you and anyone else would be if RIOT did the same thing to SR as they did to TT.

I call you a Riot Fanboy because you take whatever they say as the absolute truth.

Like for example how having both maps would split the community. They have 13 million players a day! In comparison. Pox Nora, which has 500, easily supports 5 maps.

It has nothing to do with splitting the community and everything to do with an agenda that RIOT has.

Once you realise that, then you can stop feeling like RIOT is your buddy. Really, RIOT is owned by a Chinese company that has nearly 700 million customers. It's about the bottom line. They don't want to bring in the Classic TT because of the cost to administrate it. That's it. The only way it will come back is if they feel it will cost them more to not have it.

If you enjoy the new map GREAT. Play it to your hearts content. But the vast majority of long time TTers don't like it. Even those that do like it, don't want the old one shelved. Consumer CHOICE is NEVER bad customer service. Whereas, selling skins and champions based on being able to take them into a game mode that has been around for years and then subsequently removing that mode is the WORST kind of customer service.

Exqzr who are the vast majority of old TT players that want it back? o.o Only a few on the forums. And most people who signed the petition are people that rarely played old TT just a train of random "signed" doesn't prove much if they clearly haven't played the Old TT enough to know the problems in it. Also if the "old TT players" cared so dearly about the old TT how come they just don't go to the forums and say something about it, I don't even see any except you and azure and etc.etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Exqzr who are the vast majority of old TT players that want it back? o.o Only a few on the forums. And most people who signed the petition are people that rarely played old TT just a train of random "signed" doesn't prove much if they clearly haven't played the Old TT enough to know the problems in it. Also if the "old TT players" cared so dearly about the old TT how come they just don't go to the forums and say something about it, I don't even see any except you and azure and etc.etc.
Personallly i had never once touched the forums until this, and i'm making sure i get heard before i go


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Exqzr who are the vast majority of old TT players that want it back? o.o Only a few on the forums. And most people who signed the petition are people that rarely played old TT just a train of random "signed" doesn't prove much if they clearly haven't played the Old TT enough to know the problems in it. Also if the "old TT players" cared so dearly about the old TT how come they just don't go to the forums and say something about it, I don't even see any except you and azure and etc.etc.

My observations are entirely different.

I actually read most of the posts in both threads with over 50k views. Did you? I think I have a better read on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhoSTmaNFu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
Most of what you said right there was a fallacy, but I'll try to ignore it for the sake of not bringing this longer than my original post. See here's the main difference between what you said and what happened. I do not, and have not cried because riot did this, i got upset yeah like most TT players did. And you're one of the new generation riot is aiming the new TT at. Case in point "I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT." that is all that needs to be said really. I don't get you to understand why a large quantity of us are so upset with the changes because you never liked it in the first place.
I used to play the old TT (old gen) and now I play new TT , I like them both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacGravel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
this Summoner is finding a new game
Bye.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JuSsaRaskil

Junior Member

11-06-2012

Like the the new tt but the altars are a pain sometimes with players constantly choosing teemo to associate with maintaining them . Not to mention there is no 2 lane bot stragtergy anymore just jungle lurkers that only gank and never arise in skill due to high prioritized ganking early game and never actual laning making it almost one sided from the start, especially if they dominate altars all game, have more higher damage/durability orientated heros or you have feeders/underskilled teamates. I like the map but there needs to be way more balancing on it before it will become fair and fun for all, just hope riot gets it done soon.If not drop dominion lol and make and more intriguing map poss are another 3v3 or even 4v4.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crizzle101

Junior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
You mean to say they didn't listen to you.

I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I know a lot of people complained about the old TT...which is why there weren't that many players in the first place.

They did listen to the community. They listened for a couple years actually. You just don't like the changes so now you cry that they don't listen.

for one: i think your way out of line with this post because hes not crying hes stating the facts.
for two:there were hundreds of thousands of people that liked the old 3v3. mabye not all of them got to sign the patition. or just dont loo at the forums but i know there were pleanty of ppl that played the old 3v3.
for three: if people were complaining for a couple of years then iw ould say that they were actually the ones that were crying and riot just gave in and changed the dam thing because they were tired of hearing them nag so much.
and four: i agree with you that riot did listen they listen to all of us. but i disagree that the patition was in the forum. i think they should have put in on peoples home pages were they avertize averything else. they should have made sure that everyone seen it not just people that look at forums. because the only reason i seen it was that i was looking for something on teemo on the new TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragnDave

Senior Member

11-07-2012

Ppl crying about losing old TT for new TT remind me of Romney supporters. Leave the game now then. See if we QQ about it. Just like all those fools saying they'd leave the country if Obama won. No, you really won't. You just want to try and talk a big game. See you on TT soon QQers.


1234567 ... 12