3,000 petition signatures later...

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

So as we all see now after about 3,000 petition signature, riot has finally responded. With this number of requests, they did the only logical thing they could do and said we're not changing anything back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Basically all they've said is, we're keeping what we have now whether you like it or not and because its still in the beta its supposedly gonna change. I personally doubt much change will come to the map itself, almost all change made are mechanical in nature whether its from items or buffs to small little game play changes. Regardless of what all of us think, riot is going to do what they want.

Hurray for listening to your community and caring about what we think. Should have just stopped him from creating the thread or at least posted at the beginning, "we don't care what you want, we're sticking with this anyway regardless of how many of you vote" so we didn't get so disappointed weeks later when we thought we might get some change. I'm not saying i don't understand the logic behind it, but its a poor choice.

GG GL guys, its been nice playing with all of you in the old 3's. As there is no chance of the old 3's coming back, this Summoner is finding a new game I'll miss you guys(even the trolls)

@Riot GG WP, don't expect to see me back :/ I'll find another game where i don't get the only game i play taken from me while i look the other way. You can put all the altars and speed buffs you want on this new map, but just because its a 3v3 map doesn't make it Twisted Treeline, that map holds a special place in my heart and memories.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q23 View Post
This is now a thread to say your goodbyes.

RIP Twisted Treeline, I will miss the large majority of matches I played in you. I'll miss all of the times the enemy went for my teams nexus tower only to have me flash behind them and dash them into the fountain as Shen.
I like what you said and I think i'll convert this thread into a cumulative goodbye thread, say 1 things you missed most the old TT and your favorite TT moment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirai Lotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

I still dont understand why they would stick in a new map before the end of a season. Should of been added in season 3 at the start vs the ending when it can mess peoples elo up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxypa View Post
I still dont understand why they would stick in a new map before the end of a season. Should of been added in season 3 at the start vs the ending when it can mess peoples elo up.
to get the beta testing out of the way now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desocupado

Senior Member

11-06-2012

I propose they make a statistical study, whoever used to play the TT should refrain from buying anything.
So, just don't buy anything the map is back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
So as we all see now after about 3,000 petition signature, riot has finally responded. With this number of requests, they did the only logical thing they could do and said we're not changing anything back.



Basically all they've said is, we're keeping what we have now whether you like it or not and because its still in the beta its supposedly gonna change. I personally doubt much change will come to the map itself, almost all change made are mechanical in nature whether its from items or buffs to small little game play changes. Regardless of what all of us think, riot is going to do what they want.

Hurray for listening to your community and caring about what we think. Should have just stopped him from creating the thread or at least posted at the beginning, "we don't care what you want, we're sticking with this anyway regardless of how many of you vote" so we didn't get so disappointed weeks later when we thought we might get some change. I'm not saying i don't understand the logic behind it, but its a poor choice.

GG GL guys, its been nice playing with all of you in the old 3's. As there is no chance of the old 3's coming back, this Summoner is finding a new game I'll miss you guys(even the trolls)

@Riot GG WP, don't expect to see me back :/ I'll find another game where i don't get the only game i play taken from me while i look the other way. You can put all the altars and speed buffs you want on this new map, but just because its a 3v3 map doesn't make it Twisted Treeline, that map holds a special place in my heart and memories.
You mean to say they didn't listen to you.

I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I know a lot of people complained about the old TT...which is why there weren't that many players in the first place.

They did listen to the community. They listened for a couple years actually. You just don't like the changes so now you cry that they don't listen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

funtimejon

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Sure there may be 3,000 people who signed the petition (and no I am not counting), but there are MILLIONS of people who play this game and such a small amount of them frequent the forums. I for one, did not sign the petition, nor did I post on the thread containing such petition.

I loved the old twisted treeline because it allowed me to diversify my games, but I agree it had too many issues. I accept the new twisted treeline with open arms, I absolutely love it. The new TT is 300000% better than the old map. The new altars are actually interesting and not annoying like in dominion, Vilemaw is pretty much the sickest boss I've seen, and everything just seems to work so much better.

I love the new Twisted Treeline. Thank you Riot for actually making it a much more enticing option for me to play on a regular basis.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
You mean to say they didn't listen to you.

I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I know a lot of people complained about the old TT...which is why there weren't that many players in the first place.

They did listen to the community. They listened for a couple years actually. You just don't like the changes so now you cry that they don't listen.
Most of what you said right there was a fallacy, but I'll try to ignore it for the sake of not bringing this longer than my original post. See here's the main difference between what you said and what happened. I do not, and have not cried because riot did this, i got upset yeah like most TT players did. And you're one of the new generation riot is aiming the new TT at. Case in point "I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT." that is all that needs to be said really. I don't get you to understand why a large quantity of us are so upset with the changes because you never liked it in the first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FistingPuppets

Junior Member

11-06-2012

3v3 used to take on average 15-25 minutes. The moment TT was remade, people forgot how to play the game. The objective is to destroy the other team's Nexus. Now, it is about jungling, controlling altars and wasting time!

I have yet to play a 3v3 that didn't take 30 minutes. I play this game because I enjoy(ed) it. That does not mean I have hours a day to play like some people. I liked that fact that I could get a few games in during an hour period so that I could get on with my life!

Unhappy, but hey, I don't sign the paychecks, so I deal...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

funtimejon

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
Most of what you said right there was a fallacy, but I'll try to ignore it for the sake of not bringing this longer than my original post. See here's the main difference between what you said and what happened. I do not, and have not cried because riot did this, i got upset yeah like most TT players did. And you're one of the new generation riot is aiming the new TT at. Case in point "I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT." that is all that needs to be said really. I don't get you to understand why a large quantity of us are so upset with the changes because you never liked it in the first place.
Speaking of fallacy, how do you know that "most TT players" got upset? As I started previously, there are millions of people who play League of Legends, and a small percentage that actually expresses their opinions on the forums.

To further combat your argument, I loved the last TT, and I love this TT even more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

funtimejon

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistingPuppets View Post
3v3 used to take on average 15-25 minutes. The moment TT was remade, people forgot how to play the game. The objective is to destroy the other team's Nexus. Now, it is about jungling, controlling altars and wasting time!

I have yet to play a 3v3 that didn't take 30 minutes. I play this game because I enjoy(ed) it. That does not mean I have hours a day to play like some people. I liked that fact that I could get a few games in during an hour period so that I could get on with my life!

Unhappy, but hey, I don't sign the paychecks, so I deal...
I'm not how accurate your stat regarding the time taken to play on the old map is. My games on the old map sometimes lasted an hour or more because of the fact that players could manipulate the super minions into literally committing suicide in the fountain.

Also, if you check my match history, 3 out of 4 of my ranked TT games took less than 30 minutes. The lowest was 21 minutes, and the one that was over 30 minutes was only 32 minutes.


1234511 ... 12