I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Perenolde

11-05-2012

I want Mini-Shuma Gorath.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

I summoned IronSteezy to this thread to check out your drawings. Dunno if he'll post, but he's big on the community. Say something about Leona being a strong female lead.

Izzabelle

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Z19 View Post
Marvel's gonna sue you for that first one, possibly Nintendo for the second.
Doubtful. There's literally no money in suing me for a doodle that shares aspects of existing things. Beholder is a common influence in designs, and my concept is different enough to be it's own thing. And god knows how many girls are out there with armored arms and dual generators on her back.

Nerko

11-05-2012

Nice

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-05-2012
1 of 19 Riot Posts

Hey. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I don't myself design champions, but I do work fairly close with the people that do. Something that might help you create good concepts is to think (and please type out so we can be right there with you) of what fantasy these new champions are filling for players, and how that brings something new to the league. It can be anything from creature type, to fighting style. This may also help you come up with more solid concept drawings because you will be thinking about the champion's personality and history as well. Do they have any special relationships with any other champions? What nation are they from? All these things might help.

Keep up the good work and please include some of this info with your drawings.

Emperor Z19

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Doubtful. There's literally no money in suing me for a doodle that shares aspects of existing things. Beholder is a common influence in designs, and my concept is different enough to be it's own thing. And god knows how many girls are out there with armored arms and dual generators on her back.
I was kidding about you being sued, just implying that the designs look a little derivative, the first one especially. Even if it wasn't intentional, it looks a LOT like Shuma-Gorath, and could use some changes to make it more distinct.

Fapotu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

The girl looks like Riven + Direforge Darius.

Izzabelle

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Hey. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I don't myself design champions, but I do work fairly close with the people that do. Something that might help you create good concepts is to think (and please type out so we can be right there with you) of what fantasy these new champions are filling for players, and how that brings something new to the league. It can be anything from creature type, to fighting style. This may also help you come up with more solid concept drawings because you will be thinking about the champion's personality and history as well. Do they have any special relationships with any other champions? What nation are they from? All these things might help.

Keep up the good work and please include some of this info with your drawings.
Uh. Uh. Updating original post now!

Axis the Dragon

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
1st one is a Void champ that I envisioned was sent to observe the world and learn it's weaknesses

2nd one is an Ionian survivor with a grudge against Riven.
The first one sounds like it'd make an amazing vision-oriented support. Maybe a global ult that gives vision of the entire map for a few seconds? Could require balancing but a vision support sounds pretty cool

The second one is a Riven/X-Men Juggernaut combo huh... makes me think Singed with a sword haha

Abbx

11-05-2012

I like these! What did you do in order to make them if you don't mind me asking? I like the coloring you used.