[POST HERE][Compilation Thread] New Twisted Treeline Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argrista

10-29-2012

Good stuff guys. Valid Points... Time to update the list

Aiden Shaw

10-29-2012

bump

Argrista

11-05-2012

THUMP Please remember to come back to this thread and bump it to keep it alive so that Riot can see and fix these things as soon as possible.

Now Go Forth and remember summoners, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Grigorian Tutor

11-05-2012

Tanky bruiser snowball way to much. Riot add a bunch of gear to counter them. However gear as a counter is completely worthless when you can just force a team fight at the start of every game and snowball before any of that gear comes into play.

The problem is these alters. They are terrible. I mean seriously godawful x10. Consider this scenario, A Mundo walks onto your alter, everyone sees him, everyone converges, but can they stop him from taking the alter? The answer is No. You cant get there fast enough if your not badysitting the alter or it's mostly gone by the time your there and you cant move him off the alter and keep him. All you can do is move into that tiny space with him, and ..

!!!!SHAZAM!!!! Another forced teamfight at predesignated location.

Also, WHY ARE THERE NO WARDS?

Puffball

11-05-2012

well, there is an orianna bug, her ult doesnt pull enemies that are on a wall.

King Xaltric

11-05-2012

posted a thread about opening the enemy shop about a minute before I saw this thread, I hate it...freaking hate it.

King Xaltric

11-05-2012

oh and in TT for some reason Nautilus' pull lets go randomly. I was playing Naut all week and at least once per game his grab lets go, even after I'm already being pulled to the enemy position. Both myself and most of the enemies this has happened with have commented on it.

Argrista

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Xaltric View Post
posted a thread about opening the enemy shop about a minute before I saw this thread, I hate it...freaking hate it.
Well I'm glad you found your way here at least , one can only hope Riot gives a sign that they have at least looked over this thread.

ElBoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

My list of problems, most of these already covered in top post.
1. The map is WAY too small. This causes teamfights to be a constant clusterf**k, as there is no room to get a proper fight going.
2. The loss of the top jungle has made the map too cramped and forces all the attention into the lanes. No more jungle fights/jukes will ever happen.
3. The lack of wards takes all real elements of strategy completely out of the game and(as mentioned earlier) turns it into a poorly made arena map. If you wanted an Arena map, you should of just made one.(imo)
4. Too... Many... Bushes... They are everywhere and cause some serious vision discrepancies to occur(the bushes are so big and so many that you don't even need to stand in them to hide from other players. In my mind less map should equal less bush space.
5. No clear lines of sight anywhere. It is literally impossible to see people coming from the jungle while in-lane. The lack of wards severely exacerbates this issue.

Suggestions:
1. Remove the speed shrine in the middle and replace it with a single altar that gives the mid-point benefit between currently having 1 and 2 altars. Replace the other 2 altars with speed shrines. This comes with the added benefit of being able to redesign the jungle while also making the game less snowball-y.
2. New ward type: Cairn of Perception - Can be placed and provides vision like a ward, however it is not invisible and has 10 hitpoints instead of 3. Cost is the same as a normal ward. For thematic effect you could have it be an urn with a ghostly eye coming from it.
3. Make the map a bit bigger, the lanes feel too cramped right now. If this is done I would like for there to be 2 new creep camps added, one to each top right corner, so as to make jungling a bit more viable without necessarily increasing their ganking power.
4. More of a request than a suggestion, but please bring the old wolf camp buff back. With the Speed Shrines we don't really need to wraith camp back, but I still find myself missing the wolf camp buff.

In closing, I really like a lot of the ideas present in the new map but overall I can't help but feel like it's a cramped and poorly designed knockoff of Crystal Scar when I play it(not wanting to hate on you guys, as I can clearly see that a lot of love has been poured into this, but I have to be honest). The map is way more snowball-y than TT ever was and with all the vision issues it has almost no real counterplay options. These things said, I still have a lot of hope for this map and really think that it could some day equal or even exceed Summoner's Rift.

Argrista

11-05-2012

Great stuff. It seems that what you have stated has been a feeling shared by many people. I will try to highlight this in some way in my list to make it stand out from the other issues. Thank you for posting and lets keep this thread alive.