How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkvolcan

11-05-2012

It's okay, OP.

I'm gonna get banned for carrying a game yesterday.
I'll get another ban for raging at our 0/7 Teemo and 0/8 Amumu bot lane.
I'm gonna get banned for raging at our Darius and Ashe today because they were "defending" our nexus while all 5 enemies were in their jungle.
And then I'm gonna get another ban for raging at my team after 40 mins of saying "let's try to push mid, half their team is dead"

Them, though, they're positive players of this community who make this game enjoyable for everyone on the enemy team.

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor You View Post
"Hey I'm doing pretty poorly at bot, got any advice?"
"Stop feeding Vayne"
"..."
"..."
"Thanks."
"No problem. Now stop feeding."
Stop feeding Vayne is my way of putting it because I could not watch their lane. I did not know if they were over extending or not warding often enough because i had my own lane to deal with. "Stop feeding Vayne" was my way of saying to be more wary of their actions because a fed Vayne is not a good thing to deal with. It isn't like I said "Hey you morons stop being moronic and feeding vayne like a bunch of morons." I said it just flat out without putting hate into it.

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

11-05-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Bot lane goes 2-25. I say to them to stop feeding vayne. I get reported for negative attitude. I love this games set of rules. I'm sure the tribunal will ban me again because that is just how things work. Riot honestly, the tribunal is broken if i get banned for this. How are you not supposed to react to a 0-12 adc telling you what to do or a 2-13 support thinking he is the cat's pajamas.
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.

hester

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Bot lane goes 2-25. I say to them to stop feeding vayne. I get reported for negative attitude. I love this games set of rules. I'm sure the tribunal will ban me again because that is just how things work. Riot honestly, the tribunal is broken if i get banned for this. How are you not supposed to react to a 0-12 adc telling you what to do or a 2-13 support thinking he is the cat's pajamas.
It's easy to not be upset. Just calm down. It's a game.

Darkvolcan

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
That's cute and all, except, realistically, when you try to offer advice, you're usually greeted with "stfu nerd i play how i want"

What do you do then?

xKillswitch

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
It's okay, OP.

I'm gonna get banned for carrying a game yesterday.
I'll get another ban for raging at our 0/7 Teemo and 0/8 Amumu bot lane.
I'm gonna get banned for raging at our Darius and Ashe today because they were "defending" our nexus while all 5 enemies were in their jungle.
And then I'm gonna get another ban for raging at my team after 40 mins of saying "let's try to push mid, half their team is dead"

Them, though, they're positive players of this community who make this game enjoyable for everyone on the enemy team.
This.

The only way to "carry" is to make calls and make plays, nothing is more aggravating than bad players who refuse to listen to someone on the team who is even making a conscious effort to try to win because "I don't think I have to listen to you"

No ADC who went bot lane with 5 missing at 30+ mins into the game, you are an idiot for farming 2 waves of minions and giving them baron for free.

DontWeturself

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versailles Sora View Post
In this case, I just approach in a different scenario. Here are a few examples:
* Bot need help?
* Guys play safe. I'll try to gank soon.
* Is bot warded? Can I gank?
* Exhaust/Ignite up? I'm ganking bot.

Display you actually have the intention to help your teammates rather than criticizing them.

"Did you know the majority of the players do worse if you harass them after they make a mistake?"
What do you do when they ignore you(like they do 90% of the time) I typidcally never rage in chat but I did it my first time on a lulu and ashe who went 0/10 and 0/14 as I'm telling what they should do and they just ignore and roam their jungle and die or jump into the team fight from the enemy side and instantly get nuked.

Koben

11-05-2012

Quote:
That's cute and all, except, realistically, when you try to offer advice, you're usually greeted with "stfu nerd i play how i want"

What do you do then?
you report them and see them get banned for negative attitude...

Zomgbeast

11-05-2012

Quote:

What do you do then?
You stfu and report them after the game is over. That way you won't get reported for negative attitude.

Best LeeSinga NA

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post

when someone is 0-13 they are either

1. int feeding
2. trolling
3. thinking they best thing in the world and its everybody elses fault

in lower elo if this happens if you try to tell a player something they say "noob *** ik what im doing"

12345612 ... 22