Ask Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shenn

11-05-2012

Greetings Galio,

May I ask exactly HOW you cast your Bulwark? Yes I understand magic is involved, but what kind? Is it a specific spell from a specific tome? Or perhaps a rune based spell? Your shield has always intrigued me, and I always wanted to know how to do it. Sometimes my Feint spell is not enough.

-The Eye of Twilight

Civilized Rat

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
Yes. Especially when the cheese vendor is out and about. I'd worry for him too.

But... I suppose I can pick you up at the north gate. ...remind me again why you wanted to see my shelter?
That's not fair! You can't expect me to be civilized while cheese is just waiting for me. But, anyway.

Wouldn't a friend want to see his friend's home without question? Your home is one I've never gotten into-uh...er. Seen, before! It must be a wonderful home for a gargoyle to have, especially in Demacia. Oh please just say yes! I am excited you know. Very excited.

Ask Galio

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn View Post
Greetings Galio,

May I ask exactly HOW you cast your Bulwark? Yes I understand magic is involved, but what kind? Is it a specific spell from a specific tome? Or perhaps a rune based spell? Your shield has always intrigued me, and I always wanted to know how to do it. Sometimes my Feint spell is not enough.

-The Eye of Twilight
Ah, hello, Shen. Bulwark, along with my Resolute Smite, are not exactly magic in the sense ordinary mages would learn. It is not found in any tome you would learn spells from. Rather, the answer lies in other tomes of magical study. The very essence of magic itself is what powers the life behind artificer's creations, and is a secret art due to the contact with magic's essence. It is a very dangerous thing to tamper with. However, in a controlled environment, the essence of magic can do things ordinary mages cannot do when channeling their elemental magic.

Bulwark specifically was designed to be a defensive mechanism, so Durand triggered the defensive qualities of the essence. In terms of natural physics, the magic dampens any impact, physical or magical, and uses the energy behind the attack to fuel a healing response.

But yes Shen, I do notice that quite often your Feint is enough. I observe that many a summoner is enraged when the 'kill' escapes them.

Ask Shenn

11-05-2012

Quote:
Ah, hello, Shen. Bulwark, along with my Resolute Smite, are not exactly magic in the sense ordinary mages would learn. It is not found in any tome you would learn spells from. Rather, the answer lies in other tomes of magical study. The very essence of magic itself is what powers the life behind artificer's creations, and is a secret art due to the contact with magic's essence. It is a very dangerous thing to tamper with. However, in a controlled environment, the essence of magic can do things ordinary mages cannot do when channeling their elemental magic.

Bulwark specifically was designed to be a defensive mechanism, so Durand triggered the defensive qualities of the essence. In terms of natural physics, the magic dampens any impact, physical or magical, and uses the energy behind the attack to fuel a healing response.

But yes Shen, I do notice that quite often your Feint is enough. I observe that many a summoner is enraged when the 'kill' escapes them.
Galio,

I suppose you are right on that part. I was merely interested because of the fact as this supposed "tank" role, I am to stay full health as much as possible so that I could absorb damage. I thought learning this spell would help me with that, since sometimes a Vorpal Blade will not cut it. No pun intended of course.

-Eye of Twilight

Ask Galio

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat View Post
Wouldn't a friend want to see his friend's home without question? Your home is one I've never gotten into-uh...er. Seen, before! It must be a wonderful home for a gargoyle to have, especially in Demacia. Oh please just say yes! I am excited you know. Very excited.
I told you I'd pick you up at the north gate, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn View Post
Galio,

I suppose you are right on that part. I was merely interested because of the fact as this supposed "tank" role, I am to stay full health as much as possible so that I could absorb damage. I thought learning this spell would help me with that, since sometimes a Vorpal Blade will not cut it. No pun intended of course.

-Eye of Twilight
As a "tank", you do not necessarily have to stay healthy. If you have protected your team for the most part, you have done your role well.

At least, that's how I see it as from a summoner standpoint. Typically, I notice that when they have you buy the Force of Nature, you tend to do much better. It's recovery is splendid. I enjoy using that item at times, but it is not a necessity for me, for the summoners tend to enhance my abilities rather than my vitality.

Ask Shenn

11-05-2012

Quote:
As a "tank", you do not necessarily have to stay healthy. If you have protected your team for the most part, you have done your role well.

At least, that's how I see it as from a summoner standpoint. Typically, I notice that when they have you buy the Force of Nature, you tend to do much better. It's recovery is splendid. I enjoy using that item at times, but it is not a necessity for me, for the summoners tend to enhance my abilities rather than my vitality.
Ah yes... The Force of Nature. A splendid item indeed, and it's something I enjoy, however the summoners insist of giving me that Warmog's Armor. Always the Warmog's first. Nothing else. Sometimes I feel that the summoners aren't thinking ahead when they buy items...

Ask Galio

11-05-2012

((Link me here when you do, because I'm lazy like that.))

Ask Galio

11-05-2012

((Thank you.))

Ask Galio

11-09-2012

Ask the Herald

11-09-2012

Galio would receive a letter made of rather cheap paper, the contents of which follows:

Quote:
Galio,

You have been specifically invited to take part in a competition between the mightiest mages of Runeterra, the purpose of which is to test your mystical prowess and prove to the world that you are a superior caster of magics.

Please come to the following location to apply, if you feel you are up to the challenge - your presence would be most appreciated.

- Viktor
{{ Magical construct with magical abilities counts, right? }}