@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

11-05-2012

The most annoying is Talon.

Use Cutthroat with Nox Diplomacy ready and... You have to right click again?

For a fast -get in get out- assassin, something seems wrong there...

Blundy Cat

11-05-2012

morde's E turns off his auto attack sometimes.

JJJNigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

this definitely happens. unfortunately, i cannot remember for sure which champions i was playing or what skills i had just used, but it happens randomly. maybe after tristana E, for example. if you're trying to reproduce it, try doing more complicated combinations of actions, i.e. playing normally. try mixing in smartcast, opening targeting ranges for skills but canceling, moving around, lasthitting, etc. etc.

EDIT: see link: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._repro_method/

if it's right, it's essentially a bug that occurs when you spamcast an ability on a target due to the ability being doublequeued.

Spiderbubble

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heydees View Post
I have experienced this as well. When playing Nidalee when I W in cat form I sometimes stop attacking.
I will never have this issue because when I play Nidalee in Cougar form, I have like 800,000 actions per minute. I click EVERYWHERE to make sure that I am always facing the proper direction for Pounce, so that I don't fail-Pounce to my death. Actually, my friends get annoyed sometimes because the clicking is so easy to hear over Skype.

Anyway, +1 and bump for thread. Bugs suck.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-05-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

All of the information in this thread has been super helpful. I want to try to break down the issues here so people understand what the plan is.

There is a systemic issue involving spell queuing that can happen if you try to cast a spell twice in very quick succession. This is more likely to happen in high latency environments. We have a consistent repro of this (thanks to all of you!), and I am going to explore solutions.

There are other, character specific interactions, like Talon E. These are not "bugs" so much as "design decisions". I'm going to kick these to the design team and see what they want to do with them. No guarantee anything will get changed on this front. Or perhaps we will change them, but it won't be immediate. I just don't want you guys to get the wrong idea.

Steam Store

11-05-2012

I notice this happening all the time. Sometimes im chasing an opponent with Olaf and I go to fling an axe. I expect olaf to keep chasing them but he stops for a second after the axe animation and I have to click the enemy again to attack them. This is REALLY annoying since you have to throw the axe in the path the enemy is running and usually the cursor is not even over the enemy when you do so.

RRRRAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE

edit:

WhattayaBrian thanks for looking into this that makes sense since this usually happens to me when im chasing while trying to get in range of a spell using fast casting.

OJ Da Juiceman

11-05-2012

This definitely happens, and its easiest to notice in the jungle.

One Riot can check out that happens for me is Alistars E. If you are attacking and cast it, you will then stop attacking whatever you were attacking before. Its pretty annoying considering you might be looking for ganks on the map only to realize your cow has stopped punching the wraiths that you started doing.

Fiestero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Hey guys,

All of the information in this thread has been super helpful. I want to try to break down the issues here so people understand what the plan is.

There is a systemic issue involving spell queuing that can happen if you try to cast a spell twice in very quick succession. This is more likely to happen in high latency environments. We have a consistent repro of this (thanks to all of you!), and I am going to explore solutions.

There are other, character specific interactions, like Talon E. These are not "bugs" so much as "design decisions". I'm going to kick these to the design team and see what they want to do with them. No guarantee anything will get changed on this front. Or perhaps we will change them, but it won't be immediate. I just don't want you guys to get the wrong idea.
Finally im home, i read this thread at work and couldnt post.

WhattayaBrian, im so sad to hear this is the first time you hear about this problem, his issue is happening since zyra patch aprox (or some patch around that time). It affects every champ, not like you are saying.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2427105 (check it please, but some RED was looking this...never fixed though).

Please fix this, it started around Zyra patch, and never got fixed. I guess people just learned how to play with this.. but still is VERY frustrating being chasing someone, using a skill to just lose the target, or being killing creeps at the jungle, and while you check lanes for ganks, if you use your skill your champ will prob stay still and stop auto attacking till you right clic again.

Edit: Iniquitee, Technical Production Coordinator, was looking that thread...

KiwiTheTORT

11-05-2012

Quote:
Hey guys,

On behalf of everyone who has posted in this thread I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to give it the attention that you have. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

Arance

11-05-2012

Quote:
I actually enjoy and have abused the no auto-attack on Talon's E (to silence an opponent under a tower without drawing aggro) and would prefer if that didn't change. Perhaps code it so that it will let you continue auto-attacking if you had issued the command before using E, but not if you hadn't?